"Do not go beyond the things written"

by hotspur 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Jw's cannot get involved in politics, let alone hold a position of political power, even if it their life is at stake (malawi).. "39 Then Pharaoh said to Joseph, “Since God has made all this known to you, there is no one so discerning and wise as you. 40 You shall be in charge of my palace, and all my people are to submit to your orders. Only with respect to the throne will I be greater than you.” 41 So Pharaoh said to Joseph, “I hereby put you in charge of the whole land of Egypt.” 42 Then Pharaoh took his signet ring from his finger and put it on Joseph’s finger. He dressed him in robes of fine linen and put a gold chain around his neck. 43 He had him ride in a chariot as his second-in-command, and people shouted before him, “Make way !” Thus he put him in charge of the whole land of Egypt." http://mobile.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+41&version=NIV

• N.drew
    N.drew

"They also have to report the hours and literature placed at the end of each month." quote by Nobleheart

I hated that that most when I was a Borg.

What was the point?, I thought. Love Jehovah on the one hand

compete for more time spent in field service on the other hand.

And counting publishers? Didn't David get in big trouble for counting Israel?

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

*Claiming that Acts Ch 15 lays out the arrangement for a governing body. The term governing body

*Claiming Matt 24:45-47 only applies to the 144,000

*Choosing the name Jehovah's Witnesses when the name Jehovah is not found in any existing Greek manuscript of the Christian scriptures. Why not Jesus' Witnesses, Christian Witnesses, Witnesses of Jesus? Jesus said at Acts 1:8 " YOU will be witnesses of me both in Jerusalem and in all Ju?de′a and Sa?mar′i?a and to the most distant part of the earth.”

Jesus also said John 17:11,12 "...Holy Father, watch over them on account of your own name which you have given me , in order that they may be one just as we are. 12 When I was with them I used to watch over them on account of your own name which you have given me ; and I have kept them, and not one of them is destroyed except the son of destruction, in order that the scripture might be fulfilled."

Matt 28:18,20 "18 And Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “ All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. ...20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU . And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.

Luke 9:35 "And a voice came out of the cloud, saying: “This is my Son, the one that has been chosen. Listen to him.

• belbab
    belbab

"The making of books there is no end, and much devotion to them is wearisome to the flesh"

belbab

• donny
    donny

The problem is they consider their own writings as "things written".

• belbab
    belbab

Jehovah's Witnesses long for the day of Jehovah to arrive, that is Armageddon. Yet the scriptures say at Amos 5:18: "Woe to those who are craving the day of Jehovah! what then, will the day of Jehovah mean to you people?" Ir will be darkness and no light....NWT

belbab

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Excellent, belbab!

What does Jesus say is necessary for salvation? In John Chapter 6 (verse 31 and onward), it is believe in the Son of Man, eat his body, drink his blood and you will have eternal life--if you do not, you will have no life in you. The Watchtower says the "great crowd" must not partake, that they are unworthy of that gift and the eternal life it promises; they say that only the exclusive "annointed class" is worthy to partake, only they are worthy of eternal life.

Whether you take the literal meaning of Matthew 26:26-28, Mark 14:22-24 and Luke 22:19-20 or believe that the Lord was speaking symbolically, what matters is acceptance: do you accept His gift of "the bread from heaven", the "blood of the covenant", and the promise of eternal life that comes with them? That is what the Lord asks us to do. Or will you refuse the gifts the Lord has freely offered to you, thus refusing eternal life? The Watchtower teaches that you, as a member of "the great crowd", must say no to the Lord's offer. Scripturally, Witnesses who follow the WT mandate to not partake will not enjoy "eternal life on a paradise earth", because scripturally they will "have no life in them".

• heathen
  • ssn587
    ssn587

thinking and research aren't allowed they will do it for you.

• N.drew
    N.drew

OK. A lot of the criticism made against the witnesses is exaggeration, and some is plain not true. But what you say ssn587 I know it is true, sad but true, always true. And come to find out later, the gB is too busy making rules to do their own bible research. So who is researching the bible? Any takers? Everlasting life=taking in knowledge. Nobody knows, nobody goes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit