School for Congregation Elders

by C.O.B.E.Beef 118 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Somebody said, "No one comes to the Father except through me." Um, who was that? I can't seem to recall his name. Let me think for a minute...Oh, I know, it was JESUS! Too bad the Watchtower Society seems to have forgotten that...or covered up that little tidbit.

• Ding
    Ding

As I stared at it each day it dawned on me how far removed the average JW is from Jehovah and Jesus.

Exactly!

“Brothers , if the slave asks you to do something that seems wrong in Jehovahs eyes, and you obey, how does that leave you with Jehovah? That’s right, your good with Jehovah. The slave will account to Jehovah for their decisions.”
    “You see, Jehovah can bless any decision made by the slave, even if it is a bad one, but he will never bless your disobedience to his organization.”

In other words, "The organization is your god."

Captives of a concept...

“How does it feel to be the only people on the planet who can never be wrong?”

Arrogant and truly frightening...

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

I had a similar experience at the last elders school I attended. I didn't have to teach; so I just sat and listened.

The Bethel speaker said the following: "while speaking with a member of the Governing Body in an elevator....he told me 'we just make some things up and wait to see what happens'.........."

I sat there in AWE.........I closed my Flock Book......... I never took another note.....

• PaintedToeNail
  • Violia
    Violia

thanks for posting this. I have always known they just made this shite up as they go...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Welcome to the board...

I hope that you find good companionship here.

I wish that you - well, that all of us, had found a good 'spiritual' home within the Watchtower organization, but alas! It just isn't what it claims to be.

Please let us know if we can help you with any questions...

Zid the Atheist She-Devil she devil black white [in the interest of "Truth in Advertising"...]

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I remember a CO on his visit writing this list up for the congregation ....he made that the point that the person/publisher at the bottom was the most important person to Jah. At the time I remember thinking that it was a shame the others on the list didnt seem to agree with him. I was struck by a sadness that it was really just spiel he gave out to pacify the poor old publishers. Pity I didnt act on it at the time.

Loz x

• Gayle
    Gayle

"while speaking with a member of the Governing Body in an elevator....he told me 'we just make some things up and wait to see what happens'.........."

it amazing how 'off the cuff' attitude the GB have,,when they require people to dedicate their life, sacrifice life, education, home, family. It is nauseating. They really are so simple minded, in a bad way.

• Listener
    Listener
    Brothers , if the slave asks you to do something that seems wrong in Jehovahs eyes, and you obey, how does that leave you with Jehovah? That’s right, your good with Jehovah. The slave will account to Jehovah for their decis

To be guided by an organisation is one thing but to submit ourselves to them before God's laws is not. Jesus taught that we are all accountable for our actions and instructed us to keep examining and putting things to the test, this is our personal obligation. To follow and obey the FD&S blindly is not in the bible.

If we break 'Publishers' down further we get this hierarchy

Father

Mother

Son or Daughter

Do they teach that if a wife was to be submissive to her husband in everything that she would be good with Jehovah? No they don't, they say to follow God's law first, above those of the husband where they conflict.

• clarity
    clarity

00DAD,

Fruedian slip!!

>

{Speaking of that, isn't it interesting the Governing Body isn't even listed on the chart which was posted ever day!}

>

There are no other F&D slaves in their minds, only them! ....whoops!

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit