What do the Pioneer's say when they leave my house?

by PenelopePaige 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PenelopePaige
    PenelopePaige

I've always wondered what they must say when they leave my house. I did a bible study for a while and of course, at Christmas I had a big tree and all the trimmings. I have some nude sculptures in my house and angel sculptures on my lawn, plus lots of religious shrines around my house that my friend who is an artist makes and gives to me. I've always wondered what they must say when they leave my house? What did you guys who were pioneers say amongst yourselves when you left a house like mine?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Probably would have said something (if the study looked promising) we have to see how we can get them to stop celebrating Christmas and to get rid of your sculptures.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They say "What nice person Penelope is. I hope she ditches the naked statues and Christmas and becomes miserable like us."

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I always said, "wonder what she'll say when we get to that chapter". Once we went to a guy's house who had a poster of a nude woman.

We went to that chapter right away....he didn't like it, when we cast a bad light on displaying that on his wall. He was ok, about it...but he never did join. When we walked away, we said, "was, he ever mad, at us".

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I didn't generally say much. I understood my studies weren't witnesses and were still learning. We may have mentioned things at times and wondered if you would progress to cleaning it all up. I wasn't the judgemental type though. I suppose it just depends on the personalities at your door.

NC

• PenelopePaige
    PenelopePaige

Yeah, actually these women are very nice and I don't think they gossip. I've just always wondered if , since the JW's think a Christmas tree is bad and idolatry is bad, how they must feel leaving a home with all those things in them.

• ziddina
    ziddina

I can't tell you what a Pioneer sister might say after leaving your house, but I can tell you what I heard a LOT of JWs say, as we left householders' doors...

"Too bad, he/she seems so nice. I hope that they eventually listen, or Jehovah will destroy them at Armageddon..."

Or...

"Well, I think I'll get their house after Armageddon..."

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

You do get used to it. Most are very appreciative of the hospitality that is shown to us, especially on a day of inclement weather. Usually we walked away talking about good things about the home, and discussed what we would say the next time we came back

• PenelopePaige
    PenelopePaige

Oh that's nice Quarterback, :) I hope they leave saying good things. Recently my husband put a big Buddha statue in the living room and the first I thought was, "Oh Lord, what are the JW's going to say when they see this?"

• flipper
    flipper

PENELOPE- The JW ladies who call on you probably get freaked out after seeing the christmas tree & idols & nude scupltures and rush to a washroom to clean up with antibacterial soap & water to become " clean again " in Jehovah's eyes . Just teasing. But many JW's think having that stuff in your house invites Satan & the demons into those items. Like your tree, your idols, and nude scupltures are possessed . I swear on a stack of Bibles that's what some Witnesses think. Yes, they ARE that crazy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit