AWAKE! Nov 2011 - They Love Pointing Out The Shortcomings Of Others But Never Do They Look In The Mirror!

by 3Mozzies 20 Replies latest jw friends

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

AWAKE! Nov 2011 - On page 29 'WATCHING THE WORLD' section.

They Love Pointing Out The Shortcomings Of Others But Never Do They Look In The Mirror!

An extensive new survey by the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life details statistics on religion in America: http://religions.pewforum.org/reports

3M

• ssn587
    ssn587

As time goes on, those born into the borg will decrease even more as the youth realize that there isn't much for them being a jdub. what does the future hold for those who realize that knocking on doors and pharasiac rules don't give their life any real meaning and realzing that they will never be able to do enough for the borg..... they will leave and start to have a real life with a future that will help them and give them hope and comfort and FREEDOM.

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

I agree with you ssn587

I see it with some JWs that I know, these young people are simply leaving without even knowing that this cult is a cult. They still believe it's the 'truth' but just don't care anymore.

They just want out!

Like you said, they want FREEDOM!

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

I love that Pew report. But you won't see it printed in the WT until their numbers begin to dwindle and they need it to fulfill the prophesy that "the love of the greater number will cool off."

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Excellent point, Mozzie. In their mind the only ones who leave "the truth" are those who are seduced by the world, fall prey to immorality or lose their faith in God. The one elder who has spoken to me since I found the exit door broadly hinted that he thought I was being swallowed up by materialism. Between them they don't consider any of them count or warrant further thought and back that up with an out-of-context use of a scripture that says "They went out from us, but they were not of our sort."

The fact that those leaving make up such a big slice of their congregation seems to escape their notice, so they gleefully point out the failure of other religions to keep their flock.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They don't have any business bashing other religions for having the same faults that they themselves sport. More witlesses leave the religion than most other religions, yet they love to bash other religions for having people leave. And even worse, they are gleeful when someone leaves another religion for the witlesses--yet, when someone raised in the cancer leaves the witlesses and goes to another religion, they persecute those people.

• Robert7
    Robert7

Wow. I thought that Awake pic was a joke, until I downloaded it and verified it. Wow. That's all I can say.

• leavingwt
  • rocketman
    rocketman

Robert17...I'm glad you verified, because I was about to do the same. I can't believe that picture. Has Awake! been dumbed-down so much that it is now the equivalent of Highlights For Children?

• trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

Rocketman, I noticed the way they write the Awake is bdefinitly for the more retarded in the congregation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit