The Concept of "Increasing Light" Scenario

by ziddina 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

I have actually used a version of the question in the OP but have not had much success.

Why? Well, despite people saying that it was a good question, or that they never really thought about it, they are not in the least bit ready to think independently. I've received replies such as, "Despite that, I still believe the FDS is doing an excellent job, IMO."

How can you possibly reason with that?
    Again, going back to an abused woman scenario. You tell her to leave him as well as the reasons why. She says she never thought about it "that way" but still blames herself for provoking him and at the same time even praises what a hard worker and good provider he is.
    You can't reason with that.

A person has to be ready to wipe the crust off and allow the critical eye to open. Our efforts are but an eyedrop on that crusty eye. It may penetrate, but the person still has to make the effort to open their eye and see what's the reality. (Sorry for the crazy analogy. LOL)

CoC

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Oh yes, and I forgot to say thank you Ziddina for reposting this subject.

CoC

• sabastious
    sabastious

Proverbs 4:18 - The path of the righteous is like the morning sun, shining ever brighter till the full light of day.

vs

Ephesians 4: 20-24 - 20 That, however, is not the way of life you learned 21 when you heard about Christ and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus. 22 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23 to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

Pauls words to the Ephesians seem contradictory to the words in Proverbs. Certainly the path to Christ is akin to the path of the righteous. "Putting off your old self" is not like a glowing light getting ever brighter at all, it's like getting a new light source entirely.

-Sab

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I read several articles years ago about how we think that as we march into the future, progress will ensue. This is not historically accurate. There is no grand force that as time passes, human life gets better and better. It degrades as often as it improves.

Revelation from God should not be so changeable. They claim to be without fault. Only total devotion will do. To warrant such devotion, their revelation should be great. It is lousy!

My feeling is that it may be easier for long-term Witnesses to accept that there is no revelation. When I first heard about A.,etc. I had no background. It had to be true. I was certain. When I found out that there were a few earlier dates, more strongly believed than 1975, that were total flops, I still afraid but not as intensely. Of course, if you are in for the long haul, you have much more invested.

Hey, the Vatican has had increasing light concerning Galileo. The Church of Englad has increasing light about all the faithful Catholics the Tudors murdered. The French monarcy had increasing light concerning the slaughter of the Huegenots. Hitler might have increasing light....

• flipper
    flipper

The WT society always uses the term " increasing light " when putting out new teachings. However a more accurate description would be "skewed light " or " cover our a$$ light " or " fake light " . The WT society has changed their views and switched to and fro on so many teachings as often as we drink water or change our underwear. Basically they do this because it's not the concern for truth or being accurate that matters to the WT society ; it's keeping JW's under complete control . To the GB and WT top dogs , it doesn't matter WHAT the Writing committee writes - as long as it uses loaded language to put Witnesses under hypnotic mind control and they buy into the WT scam.

So , simply I'm trying to say the whole " new light " WT scene is an intentional scam played by WT leaders to keep Witnesses under control. Very sad

• Was New Boy
    Was New Boy

I like the society never apologize anymore! If I say something wrong or do something incorrect I merely say excuse me “the light JUST got brighter.” Most people look confused when I say this, as do the people in the watchtower bible tract society, but I felt it works for them,------------ its good enough for me.

Excuse me “ The light just got brighter” Yes I like the sound of that.

One member of the writing department said to another “ we really got this disfollewshipping thing wrong-------- first we say we can’t talk to them. Then we say we can {1974} then we say they can’t again {1981}------- What do we tell them Fred?-------“A---------------Tell them the light just got brighter! Yea ----------that will work. Remember we don’t make mistakes!” --------------well what about 1975? One more question and you are going to the bindery! Sorry my light just got brighter”

Well I guess God must be on a dimmer, high , low, high, low-----------

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Funny how the light which is supposed to be given or provided by god's holy spirit, becomes false and invalid light over time.

For example "This Generation", which was preached by the said GB and the FDSL for decades had to be changed because it became obvious

that this particular given information (Light) had run its course . It can clearly be understood by now that " This " generation who witnessed events

starting in 1914 has passed away. The organization's New Light continuing policy has great marketing value though well at least to this bogus religious

organization/company. The Truth presented by the WTS. is a bit tainted, it has to be for commercial reasons and public appeal.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Flipper.

May I vote for fake light? It seems to sum it up very well. I also find it a bit comical.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

The concept of new light in the bible has exactly zero to do with God revealing more infomation to people. That is something that was layered on to explain changing doctrine.

Oh, and there is no actual God. Or Jesus. Seriously, we're all adults. We don't need invisible friends anymore.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The "increasing light" crap just excuses their bad doctrines. Some are errors, but most are scams. They intentionally confuse the flock, so they can make it appear that they need the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger to interpret the scriptures for them. Doctrines are altered--they take what looks best to scare people into thinking the end is coming, and when it goes bust, they need to adjust the "light".

Usually, this is a farce. When I saw my first apostate web site, I felt that the lights came on. They kept claiming that "new light" was coming out, but it wasn't until I visited an apostate site that I could actually see where I was headed. And don't try that "tacking" crap on me--you cannot get to a point by "tacking" if you don't know where you are headed. Blind tacking usually leads to trouble, not to mention being caught in irons (you go nowhere) as most witlesses become (stagnation). Sometimes the best "tack" is actually a gybe--or to go with the wind, turning with the wind on your back. Other times, if you see where you are going, you can stay on the same course, making minor adjustments but not completely going off-course.

To me, I get "increasing light" when I see conditions in the world changing. I see earthquakes, I hear about the HAARP, I hear about the One World Totalitarian Government, I realize that man is deliberately creating the earthquakes to justify martial law. I see prices going up, I hear QE1, I hear QE2, I hear Bernanke keeping interest rates frozen, I realize that hyperinflation can't not happen and I need to get ready for hyperinflation. I look at the EPA regulations, I see them trying to kill coal power, I see evidence that they nuclear-bombed the Japanese nuclear reactors by planting nuclear bombs security cameras, I see them killing all alternative power sources, I know rolling blackouts are nearing and start getting ready with battery power. And, if I start seeing Osama Obama and Perry running against each other on the final ticket, I know the United Tyranny of America is about to become full-totalitarian with Agenda 21+ being fully implemented here.

This new light can be negated, but only if something actually happens that I was not predicting. They make a fat-finger error on the HAARP and destroy the Establishment or they get squeezed out by silver prices going to the moon, or if Ron Paul wins the nomination (or a viable third party appears on the ticket, while they are cracking down on voter fraud), that could change everything. But, based on what I am seeing right now, I am going to continue preparing for hyperinflation and shortages. And, possibly, the need to expatriate before the whole country gets enslaved.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit