How Did You Get Rid of Your Bound Volumes?

by Eiben Scrood 29 Replies latest jw friends

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Threw them in the dumpster two years ago when hubby wasn't looking. They were in several boxes in the garage, mouldering and full of nasty spiders.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

A giant dumpster inherited mine. Every now and then I will find another one.

It too joins its brothers in the dumpster.

Pure garbage.

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Got rid of them in spurts over the last 18 months. Last to go - three weeks ago was the "Proclaimers" "OD" and "Big NWT". I still have my Concordance, small NWT and Diaglot...probably heave them eventually. Or wait till the Smurfs take them.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I sold my set of bound volumes to a JW for $150. He must have found them helpful as he made elder the following year.

Why burn the bound volumes when you can sell them and recoup some of your original investment.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I still have mine. So far their weight has been their biggest obstacle to my disposing of them.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

I was using them to start my fires in the woodstove until my wife recycled them They were great for starting a fire, the paper burned really nice and they were bound so no mess but now I have to save flyers which is just a pain and a mess I should actually seek out JW and ask for their old volumes as they were very handy - the only good thing about them

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

I'm not proud of this but I'll confess. I was angry because I felt I was disfellowshipped unjustly so I took 20 years of bound volumes and ripped them to shreds. That night I took them to the Kingdom Hall and dumped them in front of the door in a big pile. I'm sure when they arrived the next day the loose pages were blowing all over the neighborhood.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Mine ended up in the dumpster. I put it all in a garbage bag, exposed to a nice rainy night, and left them in the bottom of the dumpster to get soaking wet.

Another good idea is a chipper/shredder, if you have access to one. If you have one that will accept materials that are around 25 cm, you can feed them to the chipper/shredder.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I tried burning mine, pored petrol on them, but to no avail, must of had demons in them

actually

I sent them to the recyclers in 2001

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

E S:

When I started my "fade" 11 years ago, I had a nosey JW landlord who would have seen if I threw them away. So, I had no choice but to take them with me a little at a time and dispose of them elsewhere. I did this with most of the litter-ature as I could no longer stand the sight of it being in my home once the whole charade was exposed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit