“Look! It’s our circuit overseer! Je- hovah has saved us!”

by Slidin Fast 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Notice the clever twist?

After creating lots of emotive dribbling love for the circuit overseer, they switch attention to those elders who sit on JUDICIAL COMMITEEES and they dont brag!? about it...

The J/C elders are now on the same level as life saving c/os with disaster relief.

next thing you know, elders will be getting hugs from the congregation for disfellowshipping people!

oz

• dm6
    dm6

How wonderful it is, that the faithful and discreet slaves have provided us with circuit overseers!

How grateful we are, then, to the FDS!!

How loving it is, of Jehovah!

Urghhh i hate it when they talk in this cringe worthy way.

• Borgia
    Borgia

They were converted cargo cult members .....

Cheers

Borgia

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

That was seriously an interesting Watchtower to comment on.

My comments:

- The bible clearly shows that Paul nor the congregation in Thessalonica had any guidance from a central governing body, they were individual congregations so they needed to rely on the Bible to make decisions

- The last review question: Overseers should only help others in the congregation, they should not judge, only God has the authority to judge

- We should follow the example of the Boreans (however it's spelled) who confirmed that all things that Paul and the apostles sent them were found in the bible. Likewise these days, elders should make sure that everything they say from the stage or to others is supported directly in the bible.

• agonus
    agonus

You know, just when I think I can't be any more dumbfounded by what these goons print, they float another turd like this in print. Thank you Watchtower, for never failing to rise to the task of stirring me to spontaneously ask aloud, "No way. Are they for real? Did they really just say that"?

• cult classic
    cult classic

And let's not forget the infighting that shortly ensues as the local brothers and sisters compete for the privilege of feeding their savior. They are commended for their humble service as they scrounge around trying to prepare a meal for the delicate COs wife who has food allergies. Of course, the burly CO doesn't have restrictions on his diet, so they have to lay out a spread worthy of a king...

Yes, Jehovah certainly does provide.

• flipper
    flipper

I think I'm going to become ill now. Good gawd

• sd-7
    sd-7

The CO is guaranteed a place to lay his head, by the Society. Those local brothers, on the other hand, might not be...

VM44--excellent point, looks like Jesus < circuit overseer in terms of saving power...

So they had to get past corpses to get to the brothers. Obviously no one else had to worry that little problem, right? Nobody from the Red Cross or any of a thousand relief groups that were probably out there as well. But no patting on the back here, for that! No sir! That would be wrong!

--sd-7

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I think this is going to be my catch phrase from now on. I think that repeating this more than a couple of times will identify anyone as an apostate. You could be in front of a JC just for saying it. Next CS visit just say Look! It’s our circuit overseer! Je- hovah has saved us!, see what he says. I luuuuuuv it. Wht a sh@t eating phrase.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "...To reach the Bothingone Congregation in the hard- hit Irrawaddy Delta region, the relief team traveled through devastated terrain strewn with corpses. ..."

So?

If those lilly-livers can't stomach a few dead bodies now, then how in the hell are they going to be able to handle 7 billion dead bodies after "Armageddon"...??!!?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit