Going to see an guy raised as a JW in concert, what should I do?

by EntirelyPossible 10 Replies latest social entertainment

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

This kills me. I am going to see the Big 4 (Metallical, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax) in concert in NY next month, I just found out Dave Mustain, the founding guitarist and only permanent member, the guy that was kicked out of Metallica for partying too hard, was rasied a JW.

I am answering my own question. What should I do? Party like a motherf*cker and try not to drink myself to death is what I should do.

I just thought it was hilarious. Dave Mustaine, who would have guessed...

• sizemik
    sizemik

Wow . . . that's some concert to look forward to EP

I saw Metallica here about 18 months ago . . . downright awesome! . . . and I've seen a few now.

Enjoy brother . . . life after WT is good for everybody LOL

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

If my kids music and concerts tastes are anything to go by...

there will be plenty of JWs there too.

oz

• dm6
    dm6

Metallica seek and destroy has to be their greatest artwork.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Oh DM6, how can you forget Leper Messiah, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Battery?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

If you admire him, write a letter to his management. My mom did this for me with the WHO and Paul McCartney when I was too ill to stand in line, etc. Tell the manager how much you admire his music and your common background. Ask if you can meet him briefly pre or post concert. You may get additional tickets with better seats. The worst thing that can happen is they say no. Someone with discretion will likely read the letter.

I commute to Manhattan for major concerts. B/c of the industry presence, peers, and heavy reviewer presence, they say they perform better in NY and LA because the stakes are higher. Wow, you must be hyped up. Is the venue at the Garden? or NJ Sports Arena? Giants Stadium?

• Darkside Blues
    Darkside Blues

Wow...just wow! I was floored when I found out that Prince became a JW, but Dave Mustaine? Seriously??

Party hard, dude! That concert is going to be epic!

• PenelopePaige
    PenelopePaige

Is he the guy that was on that Beyond Belief show talking about being an ex JW? If so, that was a really interesting interview he gave!

• zoiks
    zoiks

A Big 4 concert...rock on, EP! \m/

My not-so-popular opinion: Rust in Peace > Everything by the other 3 bands, with the exception of Master of Puppets.

My very not-so-popular opinion: portions of Rust in Peace > Master of Puppets, but MoP is the more consistently great overall album.

Either way, you win!

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

BotR, it's in the Bronx at Yankees stadium.

Darkside, he isn't a JW, was raised as one. Don't think he ever got dunked.

Good idea on the letter, I may do that. OTOH, I am excessively lazy, so I probably won't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit