Snakes = Married

by SnakesInTheTower 45 Replies latest social entertainment

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

It has been over a month and a half since I have even been on the board, and that really only to ask about GPS units (got a Tom-Tom) and mention the new job. Way too busy with life - post JW now 4 years.

Of course, the new job has benefits, health insurance, etc. (including unlimited use of the company car for personal use and the company pays for the unlimited gas for about a $25/week out of my check -- huge benefit) and this has enabled Toni and I to finally after a two year engagement, to get married. We got hitched July 27. Outside under a nice gazebo sounded like a good idea when we rented it -- the day of the heat index was 109 and close to 100 F at 10:30 in the morning when the ceremony happened. Had about 25 people, mostly her family, but my best man was a fringe JW and the officiant is a close friend who is a non-denominational preacher - and yes, he used scriptures. lol. My JW mom did not have a problem with that - so she said.

After a fast BBQ picnic reception, we were out of there by noon because it was so damn hot. Toni had college class that evening, so no rest for the weary.

The pics of the wedding are on Toni's computer, so as soon as I transfer them to mine I will post a few here.

I have this place (JWD) and the people here to thank for getting me out of the JW mindset and into a place where I could open up my heart to someone very special - it would never have happened without this support. For that gift, I thank you.

To those trying to leave the Watchtower, it is not easy. But it is worth it to get your life back (or get one if you did not have one as was my case).

Snakes (Rich ) and Toni and Hunter

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Congratulations to you both.

It's had a busy four years, Rich

Cheers

Chris

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Congratulations!

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Congratulations, Rich and Toni! I'm glad your life has taken such a turn for the better. May you have many happy years together.

• Scully
    Scully

Congratulations... may your love last a lifetime and then some!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Congrats to you and your bride. Best wishes. I'm glad you survived the JW's and the heat.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Congrats! :D

• Robdar
    Robdar

Congrats. May you have a long and happy life together.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hey...how lovely! Congrats to you both.

Loz x

• sizemik
    sizemik

What a great post to read . . . congratulations to you both

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit