If you believe in the resurrection or reincarnation what race would you prefer?

by jam 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jam
    jam

For the past few years I have been asking people

I have know(blacks) this question. The results,

around 20% would like to come back as white.

• journey-on
    journey-on

You're kidding! Did they give you a reason?

• jam
    jam

I should be clear, I didn,t ask about the resurrection

but if you could come back in another life (reincarnation).

The answer some gave, life would be simpler. That answer

just got under my skin. Everyone should be proud of who

you are and where you came from.

• sir82
    sir82

Klingon

• lohengren
    lohengren

As a black man I don't blame any other black that wants to come back as white.

I get the whole being "proud" thing, but you can't deny the fact that white people have certain advantages in this world.

That being said I'd want to come back as a jamaican.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

This is a crazy question LOL. Wow!!!!! I don't know what to say to this one. All I know for sure is, I wouldn't want to be born into another family of devout Jehovah's Witnesses, Muslims, Jews, or any crazy religious group. Or any idealogical group of any spectrum, politically, socially, financially, screw all of that!!!!!!!!

If I could come back as another race, I'd like to be somewhere, where there's a beach, and where there's no importance placed upon what you drive, what you wear, and I'd like to have some kind of recollection of my previous life as a consumer in this country. If not a recollection, at least a certain tendency to see all the good in what I have, and all the good in what I don't need. To live in an area where I can make a living off the sea, not be concerned about what fads the Americans are caught up in, fall in love, raise a family, grow old and die with the woman I love, all the while knowing that I'm wealthy in what I have and just as wealthy knowing what I don't need, man that'd be paradise. South American on a beach coast, holding my wife's hand at age 80 and with the same passion I had when I made love to her the very first time, all the while with a cynical and stoic, African American mindstate.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I'd like to be Native American.

Or Maori.

• paulnotsaul
    paulnotsaul

George, you almost had us until the end when you got all Public Enemy, Chuck D on us. peacemybrother paulnotsaul

• No Room For George
    No Room For George
    George, you almost had us until the end when you got all Public Enemy, Chuck D on us. peacemybrother paulnotsaul

LOL, I'm being sincere LOL!!!! Naw, its not about being militant, if that's your drift. What I mean is, and I don't know if everyone can understand this, but as Americans, we're big on what you drive, what brands you wear, how big is your home, what you do for a living. In the African-American community, its the same, and it bothers me at times, because I hate trends, and I hate the way people categorize one another. I remember as a kid, when someone would ask my father what he did for a living, he'd tell them he was a nuclear physicist, or some other outrageous lie. He'd look them square into their eye, so they'd know, that they just crossed a line and they should have minded their own business and not be concerned with how he made ends meet. They just wanted to categorize him, put a tag on him as to who he was. For years I never understood where he was coming from when he did that, and I've spent a good decade attempting to avoid being like him, and create my own lane in life, but his influence runs deep, and I find myself aggreeing with some of his views and methods of dealing with people. That's what I mean when I say, that I'd like to be somewhere, where its not important what you do, or what you drive, where materialism doesn't exist. At the same time I know that when people see others with more, they envy, and who's to say I wouldn't fall victim to the same delusion? The grass always looks greener, and again, thats why I say I'd like to be of a race where there's a beach and able to make a living off of the land, mainly the sea, and all the while knowing that whats valueable is not in how I'm labeled, or what I own, but rather the real important things in life such as family, and love.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    I'd like to be somewhere, where its not important what you do, or what you drive

You've lived in the city for too long. You need to move to a country town where people accept you just as you are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit