Is The Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses In Agony?

by metatron 24 Replies latest jw friends

• i_drank_the_wine
    i_drank_the_wine

The whole generation thing is so stupid. It's pathetic when they have resorted to stringing people along with the excuse that all of a sudden a generation is the length of two overlapping lifetimes. If only the rank and file weren't so effectively brainwashed that might be called a fucking clue as to the merit of your dear religion.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I think it's like the emperor's new clothes. Each governing body member likely reached out to solidify their faith. To hear Jehovah speaking to you as his representative would validate a lifetime of service.

Once appointed, there was no voice, no validation but each playing the part. All of them admiring each others new clothes afraid to point out they're all naked.

btw, I appologize for that example. Picturing the GB naked was never the intent of this post.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

When they completely move out of Brooklyn and see a billion dollars in their hands they wont have a look of agony.......trust me.

Not to mention the hundreds of millions gained for selling those specific branches off in Europe.

The WTS has never been so rich.

• scotoma
    scotoma

Don't rule out a world scenario that they could interpret as fullfilling some prophecy. JW's are very flexible. They can instantly reorient themselves with "new light". You can be sure that there is always the possibility for a major world calamity. And it just takes a calamity to reset the clock.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My father and uncle were at Bethel for about fifteen years. My aunt married another Bethelite. Looking back, they never even mentioned the experience. All my stories are from my mom. I think they were so hurt by what they saw but would never say the org. was wrong. There were so many org. stories growing up but Jehovah's Witnesses was sensed as something else. It could be a Platonic form. They never discussed events with each other that I ever observed. And they quickly reproved women for crossing lines and gossiping.

Everytime I went to KH, I overheard a Witness horror tale. They thought Bethel was morally troublesome. Yet they chose to raise their children in the religion. No wonder I was so confused.

Sometimes I still feel that it is just the HQ. Can you imagine the anxiety attack if you realize that people relied on you to order their lives and you were only human? Why don't these dudes realize they are human? I always read Pope and King quotes about their power and apparent power. Can grown men take themselves so seriously?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit