Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 08-21-2011 WT Study (SHEPHERD)

by blondie 23 Replies latest jw friends

• sd-7
    sd-7

Oh, and one other thing--"undershepherds"? What the heck is an "undershepherd"? Is that actually a word or ever even used in real life? It just sounds like something made up for the sake of propping up the two-class system.

--sd-7

• ziddina
    ziddina

I'm going to have to come back and read this thread later... I have several pressing sewing projects that I must work on...

Thanks again, Blondie!

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

sd-7's description of "SHEPHERDS" is realistic in our area.

At "bad congregations"; if your aware of their tricks, you'll realize that the whole BOE's are unloving cliques.

When you move to a regular congo, it looks like 2/ 7th's are these types, later you see it's 5/ 7th's .

Even in "nice congregations" where you meet the best loving elders ever, it goes from 5/ 7th's to 3/ 7th's .

Bu, t that was before the pedophile news was on public TV!

I wonder how those popular shepherds of example congo's look today?

Right before our family faded, the last four halls that we tried, the "SHEPHERDS" were looking deplorably sinister.

When ever comments were made about victims rights, or sympathy for victim's of abuse were made; a lot of evil stairs were made at the commenters.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oh, goody... More "loving" double-bind communication from the BeastTower...

(Blondie's quote from the '85 Watchtower)... "On occasion, however, someone may have an attitude or way of life of which we personally do not approve. ...
    For example, a Christian couple may find that their children are adversely affected when they spend time with certain other youngsters, who may not yet take the truth seriously or may be worldly minded. ...
    [they] may yet benefit from godly training. But until there is evidence of that, the couple might restrict their children as to playing with and visiting those youngsters.
    This would not be a ‘marking' such as spoken of in 2 Thessalonians chapter 3. The parents simply are applying Paul's advice to avoid "bad associations." ..."

Which gives free rein to all sorts of quirks and prejudices within each individual JW's mind, as basis for 'avoiding' "bad associations"...

THEN this article has the unmitigated gall to state:

"Just as first-century Christians had to guard against squabbling among themselves, so must we. To accomplish this, at times we need help from qualified older men. ..."

And as so many have already pointed out, it would most likely be the elders and their wives who make the initial judgment call against certain people based on prejudices, pre-concieved notions and personal quirks and dislikes...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit