My study teacher just text me.....do I ignore it, or give her a great one liner?

by Pams girl 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Shes a nice girl. Nothing against her personally. She hasnt been in touch for monthes, havent seen her for monthes.

Is something happening that she needs my bum on a seat for?

She ended the study because she said shed taught me all she knew now "it was up to me"..........so nothing happened.

Since then, I get the occasional know from sisters (perhaps once every 2 monthes), but no real concern and all the friends in the JWs I thought Id made dont bother with me at all.

I NEVER FORMALLY TOLD HER I NO LONGER WANT TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH THE JW But the time is now, Im stronger now, and my panic and amxiety is much better.

QUESTION: Do I ignore this text, or text back with a calm, truthful, answer that I dont want to be associated with the JW. I dont want to hurt her personally, after all, shes in a cult and does what shes told.

What would YOU do? (ps, I have a "phone" thing (part of my anxiety disorder, so cannot call her) so texting will be the way to do it. The time is NOW. Dont want to put this off a moment longer. I think, deep down, ignoring it may prompt a home visit.......will you help me JWN?

Thanks in advance friends.x Can you write it out as if you were sending a text please so not too long, just need some brainstorming ideas

Paula x

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Morning Pam..

Tell her your done..Tell her your not a believer..

Tell her you can only make a short text right now because..

Your busy in the back yard sacrificing a Chicken,to the God "Baal"..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• Bucholz
    Bucholz

I would ignore it for the time being. If she keeps texting you then I'd reply with something lik:

"Hey ______ , I want you to know that I don't have anything against you as an individual, but upon further research and meditation I no longer wish to continue associating with the local congregation"

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Witnesses are told to terminate studies after six months if there is no apparent 'progress' ,meaning meeting attendence ,giving up old habits ect .

She will continue though to make casual contact just incase your circumstances change ,and you miss her association so much that you can be guilted into doing more (the future mantra of any JW convert "do more,do more Do MORE ) You will be invited to special talks and the Memorial . There will be special visits to warn you the END is NEAR, and you should seriously consider the safety of the 'ark' of salvation provided by attending the KIngdom Hall .

So now what do you want to do ....are you convinced they do not have the truth ? If yes then I would text her back something like this : " Thank you for the time you spent sharing your unique Bible ideology . However after much serious contemplation I have decided it is not a view we share in common . Good -Bye" ps - no reply necessary

That would be the nice version .... You could be more straight forward and tell her "Thanks ,but I would apppreciate no further contact with JWs .I do not want to be indoctrinated any more with your religious beliefs ."

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Thanks x

Oh Outlaw you are naughty! Good evening from Wales.

She studied with me for 6 YEARS!!!! I was to be her first baptism...........I AM convinced they dont have the truth., yes.

I forgot to say the text said...."HI, HOW R U?"

I appreciate the answers youve given, I want it to be something like that...still thinking. Headache coming....

• AGuest
    AGuest

Perhaps you could text (if you haven't already) something to the effect that:

"Hey, Study Conductor - how the heck are you? Long time no hear from. I thought that perhaps you just didn't want to be bothered with me any more because I wasn't "making progress." That was kind of hard for me to take - I didn't realize that my only value to you was as a potential WT member; another baptism for them (and you) to count. But your absence has given me a lot of time to think and, to be truthful I really am not convinced that the WT has the truth. In fact, I am quite convinced that they don't. On any level. So, thank you for texting because I really am glad to have the opportunity to share that with you. Take care... and perhaps I'll see you around someday."

Or something like that... but [much] shorter - LOLOL!

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Shelby, yes, we are getting there......! need to condense it a little......I still havent text back. Do you think I should sleep on it, as Im tired and have a headache worrying about this. Maybe tomorrow would be better.......tomorrow.....somethings happening tomorrow? OH YES!!!! Im going to the beach with MUMMATRON AND KIDDIES!!!!!!

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Hi Pams Girl.

So, you didnt ask for her to try and come back into your life. So why not just ignore her?

However, if she does text again, have a short reply ready prepared, send it and be done with it.

Have a nice time at the beach. I have some lovely memories of holidays in Wales when I was a kid.

Took Mrs P to visit there a couple of years back. She loved it. Went to Aberystwth for the day. It rained!

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Thanks j-l p

Next time you come to Wales, I will order the sun.

• wobble
    wobble

"I am quite convinced they do not have the truth...... on any level."

Include that excellent phrase from the dear , precious Shelby, if your friend is honest she may ask for more information, if she is not honest-hearted she will not contact you again, either way you have been honest and compassionate, qualities the Jw's do not commonly employ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit