How old were you when...

by agent zero 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Lore
    Lore

Baptised at 9.

Starting having doubts at 14.

Read about the witnesses in the watchtower library but didn't look online until I was about 15. Then I stop believing in the witnesses at all.

Officially decided I was an atheist at 17

• St George of England
    St George of England

14/63

George

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

19 and 27

I had doubts at 16 but pushed them aside.

• journey-on
    journey-on

The "something fishy" smell started sometime in my 20's and by about 32 it was dead and rotting.

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

Baptised at 20. Began researching at 54. That's when my mind began to be reopened.

Reopened Mind

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Baptised much too young

Wised up much too old

• Dagney
    Dagney

Bapitzed 13. Had the overwhelming feeling they were wrong about everything when I was about 24, but stayed because of friends and family, the "brotherhood." Finally left at 45.

• watersprout
    watersprout

14 but always had doubts. I left ''officially'' at 28.

Peace

• fallen_princess
    fallen_princess

Born in. Dipped at 17 (for a guy). I always had my sneaking suspicions that everything I knew was a bunch of BS mostly because I always had this cloud of guilt hanging above me when they tell you that if you are doing everything you are supposed to be doing you are supposed to be happy. But I was finally convinced that the elders didn't care for me personally nor was there a God that cared about me if there was one at all after a series of unfortunate events at around 19. My mom threatened to kick me out if I decided to not be a JW but after I got married I finally faded at 23. I have never been happier since I escaped the stifling hell that was my life.

• JustThatGirl007
    JustThatGirl007

17 and 33. Though I was questioning as early as age 13.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit