London Riots

by leavingwt 143 Replies latest social current

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Will someone from the UK briefly explain what's going on?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Not sure the coverage is a bit vague. I think there was a strong racial element, at least to start with. A young black man was shot dead by police in a situation that was apparently handled very badly.At first family and friends protested and it escalated and spread.

Some opportunits got in on the act to do some looting. And with youth unemployment high there are a lot of young people with time on their hands who have little respect for authority. It doesn't help that a lot of police are themselves corrupt thugs.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Thank you, that is very clear and easy to understand. I'm sorry that this is happening.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

On the news here in the UK it seems a bloke was shot dead by the coppers so the community blew it's gasket and went rioting. This has spread to Croydon (near London) and Birmingham (Not near London).

They are idiots! If something goes wrong it's not worth trashing your own area.

To make matters worse on the news a newscaster used the word 'lawlessness'.

Mrs Punk said: 'That's interesting...(pious smirk).....they're using a word from the Bible!' She was implying *sigh* the end is close.

I just said: 'Yeah! We had riots like this in the '70's and '80's!'

'Not like this, one after the other!'

'Yeah! We did I was there at the time, I remember!'

'No! We didn't....not like this!'

'Oh, yes we did!'

'Oh, no we didn't!'

..................it was like a bleedin' pantomime!

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

I always found it amazing that people don't realize they are hurting themselves by trashing their own neighborhoods in protest.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Is this a "I'll bash in your window if you bash in mine?" kind of thing?

-Sab

• wobble
    wobble

Though the actions of these rioters are to be condemned, it is good to see people actually not ignoring problems in their midst. Normally we have the English "stiff upper lip" attitude, which means put up with any crap the authorities throw at us.

The truth surrounding Mr Duggan's death by Police guns may never fully come out, we are used to that in Britain, after two lengthy Inquiries and millions of pounds spent we are no nearer to the truth of what happened in Belfast's Bloody Sunday of the early 70's.

The recent exposure of police corruption in the phone hacking scandal, and of police fabricating evidence in a death they caused does not give the public confidence in them, also the patrician attitude they have toward the public, witholding information about crimes commited etc., because "we do not wish to spread alarm" as in the case of attempted abduction of children , does not help.

This should be a warning to the Government that they sit on a powder keg, one that could blow their arses off if they don't get a grip of the underlying problems that cause discontent and frustration.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Is this one of those Black VS White riots?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

We'll have to get these geezers and gals to mash up the watchtower. Ooooooh, persecution.

Recantly a gang raided a music shop in Tottenham. The gang stole many medieval musical instruments. The cops are looking for LUTERS!!

Sorry!

• Married to the Mob
    Married to the Mob

Apparently Blackberry Messenger, Twitter and Facebook are being used to co-ordinate the looting riots.

Get ready for more articles on the dangers of social networking and disfellowship for owning a crackberry!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit