A Sincere Questions for Current/Former WTBTS Elders/Pioneers...

by AGuest 41 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

HAHAHAHAHA

right on FARKEL!!!!

tal

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I have been steered here by AGuest, so she apparently wants my input.

No, the thread was asking for honesty and candor, Jer, and I just thought you might like to be honest and candid for a change (you know, let folks know that you know you misled them... and take SOME personal responsibility for that).

Speaking for myself in my former role as an elder, elders followed WT instructions ahead of the Bible, typically not because they thought the Bible was wrong, but because they thought WTS was guided by Holy Spirit.

Obviously, I was wrong (my bad): wasn't your fault, at all. YOU didn't mislead anyone, of course. The FDS "made you do it." Yes, of course.

Be careful of anyone that says they are guided by Holy Spirit.

Ahhh, so THAT'S your issue with me: some imposters fooled YOU... and that's MY fault. Maybe we should start calling you "Adham". You know, since none of YOUR choices... are YOUR fault.
    To AGuest in advance, you are welcome for my pointing these things out.

O so privileged me; how can I ever thank you, Jer... for still not stepping up? You make this so easy...

Yes, make sure of all things for yourself, you people still going to the Kingdom Hall and listening to JW elders.

Well, at least you're willing to admit they should do that. Did YOU do that, though, Jer? C'mon... let's break out that honest and candor. Don't hold back...

Since AGuest hopes you will learn from this thread, I will help you to know who AGuest is. Make sure you people know what AGuest has been trying to tell us:

What, they can't look me up themselves, Jer? I've nothing to hide. Been here some time now and have been upfront, honest, and candid... from day one. Now, they need you? I'm telling you... you can take the boy outta the WTBTS, but you can't... well, you know where I'm goin' with that...

She tells us that "our Lord, the Son of God, [is named] JAH-ESHUA MISCHA-JAH" and that "our Lord, the Son of God, JAH-ESHUA MISCHA-JAH"

My Lord, yes, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit... and the Son and Christ of the MOST Holy One of Israel. He is also Lord of the Household of God, Israel... and those who go with... who, together, make up the Body of Christ. But, no... NOT your Lord, Jer. You don't get to weasel in through the "backdoor". Nice try, but no cigar. Go back... and try the front Door. He is merciful, after all.

speaks to her personally

To everyone, Jer. Keep it honest, man...

and has even made sure she saw some airfare deal in a newspaper years ago so that the Son of God, JAH-ESHUA MISCHA-JAH could send her on a mission to Bethel to speak with the anointed.

To speak with an imposter claiming to be "anointed". One of those who misled you... and now you're blaming me for. Let's stay accurate, too, Jer.

JAH-ESHUA MISCHA-JAH has informed AGuest that the Bible is not "the Word of God."

Well, even the Bible supports that, Jer...

(I had to look on her old threads for the name, JAH-ESHUA MISCHA-JAH, as I have never seen it from any other source anywhere.

You didn't need to look it up other than to know how to spell it, Jer. And perhaps you hadn't heard that name before... but you know the name, now. And you will never forget it, as long as you live. But that won't be because of me; it'll be the due to the voice YOU will hear.

Apparently, it's even important to spell it in capital letters for some strange reason.)

Nahhh... that's just my own personal style. My way of showing some respect. I mean, it's the least I can do. You should learn a little more respect for it, too, Jer. Remember... "mercy... triumphs over judgment."

Indeed, be careful listening to/learning from anyone who claims to be guided by Holy Spirit.

INDEED! Absolutely! I totally agree! But that's not your TRUE message, is it, Jer? No, you've gone so far as to make YOUR message one that says not to even listen... to the Holy Spirit. But I have to caution you: that message could place you in an even more precarious position than the imposters who first misled you. As my Lord is recorded to have said:

" Woe to YOU... Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU traverse sea and dry land to make one proselyte, and when he becomes one YOU make him a subject for Ge·hen´na twice as much so as yourselves."

Enough of this. Out of respect, I will finish my response via PM. Thank you for your response.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest

I love you, my dear, dear brother, DC. You know this. Thank you, truly, for your love and kind words. Please, don't worry too much about Jer and me: I have faith that we're gonna work it all out, the two of us... one way or another.

The greatest of love and peace to you. Truly. Oh! And THANK YOU for responding (you, too, dear Talesin - peace to you!).

Your servant, sister, friend... and a slave of Christ,

Shel

• watersprout
    watersprout

OTWO *SMACK DOWN*

Oh and by the way Jaheshua Mischajah isn't JUST Shelby's (the greatest love and peace to you) Lord, He is everyones... If you let Him into your life.

• still thinking
    still thinking

hmmmmm..........*shakes head in disappointment*

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

Shortly after we were married I noticed TotallyADD did not do personal study or read the Bible. When I asked him why, he replied, "I trust what they are telling me is right." I see now he was plagued with ADD and dylexia plus past physical abuses, not to mention the constant indoctrination of a mind control cult. When he became an elder he found himself so busy with providing for a young family, meetings, field service, talks, judicial committees, helping others in the congregation that it left little time for reading the Bible. Reading the Bible was just not that important in JW Land. In the halls we were in the Bible reading on the ministry school was usually assigned to a young brother learning to read. We did not have a family study, which bothered me for a long time.

When I saw this thread I asked TotallyADD again why he hadn't read the Bible through. His answer this time was that what he did read when he was younger was so scary that it brought up too many negative feelings. The parts that were emphasized at the meetings was the total destruction of the world at the big A. He was told by his father not to make any friends at school because they were all going to die. He didn't need to worry about school because Armageddon would be here before he would graduate. Don't get married, don't have children. Well we are grandparents now with no Armageddon in sight.

Now for me. I read the New World Translation from cover to cover while I was studying at the suggestion of my non JW aunt. It wasn't too hard to apply WT thinking to what I was reading. But sorry to say that was the last time I read the Bible from cover to cover. The Bible reading in the Ministry School doesn't count. When I began pioneering we were living with Totally's parents and I had a five year old and a one year old. Needless to say that left little time for anything other than required theocratic activities. Not that the Bible mattered. I can't remember being engaged in any scriptual conversations in field service. If I were to be honest I am sure that if scriptural questions were raised I would tell them to accept the latest magazine or book and that would answer their questions. Carrying the Reasoning book and referring to it gave us the false impression that we were using the Bible.

Reopened Mind

• minimus
    minimus

I was a very good student of the Watchtower publications which explained the Bible. I loved to research, especially the early history of Russell and the splinter groups. I remember as a kid reading "apostate" books and other post Russell writings clandestinely at the library. I sowed bad seeds from a very early age because of my fine research.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I too read the bible diligently until I became an elder. Once you get appointed you are so busy with other crap that bible reading fades. I know thats not an excuse but thats reality. Now even when I do my talks/parts, etc. I am on auto pilot. Most if not all of it is re-hashed garbage anyway.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I have to say for me it was the opposite, in regards to auto-pilot after getting appointed. For me, I was on auto-pilot before getting appointed. Being born-in, certain things come naturally to me such as public speaking, which is something I've been doing since I was in grade school. I can't recall my first number 4 talk as it was numbered back in those days, but I may have only been in middle school at the time. Doing the Bible Highlights, and the Instruction Talk while being a Ministerial Servant, and back then, one of those two was not supposed to be done by Servants, only elders. My field service time was always above average, any assignment given to me in the congregation or assemblies and district conventions, I handled efficiently. When I got appointed, it was no surprise, and some people approached me and wondered what took the decision so long to be made. Meanwhile, as far as studying and reading the Bible daily, I wasn't doing that at the time. When I got appointed, that's when I started focusing on my studies, and it inevitably lead me to start questioning things. I've spent more money and time on history books related to Christianity and the most beautiful Bible in the past couple years, than I've spent on all the fitted hats, white tees, Timberlands, and Nikes throughout my entire life.

Not to sound like I'm defending the WT and JWs, but I really don't think the Bible is rocket science, or neurology, when it comes to matters of right and wrong, morality and immorality. Much of whats in the Bible is filler, and plays nothing more than a backdrop of interesting stories when trying make it practical for living life today. That being said, the average elder in congregations today, is concerned about his assignments, and I think I can speak for most elders in saying that we hope and pray a judicial situation doesn't rear its head. As far as some of the obscure or one might say abstract debates we have on here, that stuff really isn't all that important to elders, nor is it important to JWs. Heck, I'd even go as far as to say its not that important to the average Christian of any denomination. Most Christians while handling their responsibilities in this game we call life, don't think about matters such 607 vs 587, or is God's name Yahweh, Jehovah, or Jehushuka Mijushuka or whatever they heck you say it is Shelby LOL, peace to you by the way. We talk about those things here, simply because of the claims this organization makes regarding its so called appointment. Most JWs don't question that because its not on their minds. Where do elders come from? They come from those same average JWs who do't question such matters.

At the end of the day, my point is this, elders know what they need to know in the bible as it relates to being a JW. All that other crazy jibber jabber in the Bible has no bearing on the average JW's life, nor the average Christian of any denomination. People have concerns such as paying their bills, or their children, or falling in love, making a living, replacing their water heater themselves or paying someone to do it, etc.. As far as knowing or not know why Dan and Ephriam were ommitted in Revelation has no bearing what so ever on me replacing my brakes over the weekend, nor does it affect my salvation. That can be said of all Christians, including JWs. As far as waking JWs up to the fact that they're being scammed, until those same JWs develope a hunger for knowledge beyond the scope of what the WT provides, don't expect any change. The buck starts and stops with the pew. This can be compared to Consumer Revolution, or even Supply & Demand.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    When I got appointed, that's when I started focusing on my studies, and it inevitably lead me to start questioning things.

Yeah, that's usually one of the side-effects, dear RoosterMan (peace to you!) - LOLOLOL!

All that other crazy jibber jabber in the Bible has no bearing on the average JW's life, nor the average Christian of any denomination.

This is true... except most attempt to adhere to some of that jibber-jabber... or force others to... in the wrong way. To the domination/oppression of their fellowman, unfortunately. And they do so because of what others tell them the jibber-jabber is/isn't/says/does not say, etc.

People have concerns such as paying their bills, or their children, or falling in love, making a living, replacing their water heater themselves or paying someone to do it, etc.. As far as knowing or not know why Dan and Ephriam were ommitted in Revelation has no bearing what so ever on me replacing my brakes over the weekend, nor does it affect my salvation. That can be said of all Christians, including JWs.

Sounds a little like that whole "[taking] no note" thing - LOLOLOLOL! No, seriously... all of that makes it a little hard, doesn't it, to live the life Christ reportedly spoke about? And so people pick and choose which parts suit them... and which don't. Which is fine. But NONE of that makes them "christian"... even according to what the Bible says.

As far as waking JWs up to the fact that they're being scammed, until those same JWs develope a hunger for knowledge beyond the scope of what the WT provides, don't expect any change.

Yeah. Sounds a lot like that whole loss "of the love [one] had at first" thing, doesn't it? What love, though? Truth. They're not really concerned with that, any more... if they really ever were...

The buck starts and stops with the pew. This can be compared to Consumer Revolution, or even Supply & Demand.

Indeed!

Thank you for your comments, dear George, you 'ol rooster, you!

Peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit