No longer a need for a mediator?

by ianao 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mommy
    mommy

Ianao,
    Took me a minute, you mean the mirror?
    lol
    wendy
    ps. I would have made a VERY good guidance counselor:)

• ianao
    ianao

Yes, I would have to agree with you there mo... wendy.

-ianao

• larc
    larc

Hey Ianao,

Don't you a be a tellin us we ain't nonna them there guidance type counelors! We are too, and don't you never forget it, by Gawd.

Have'n fun at the ole outpost.

• RR
    RR

Logical:

Maybe im missing something very obvious here... but i've highlighted the bits that stick out.

There are a lot more than 144,000 stars and grains of sand...

This is how I see it. In the Genesis account [22:17] we are simply told about Abrahams seed, they were to be the blesser nation, kings and priest. The comparison is simply telling us that Abrahams seed were in two parts, an earthly seed and a heavenly seed. Remember the apostle Paul stated, "To the Jew first," meaning they were to have it all, their cake and eat it too.

However this was all foreign to them, when Jesus came on the scene, he came for a dual purpose, to pay the ransom, and gather up his church, his little flock, those who would reign with him in heaven, "to the Jew first", but most rejected him, and he sent his apostles to go outside of his flock, "I have sheep not of this fold," referring to the gentiles.

Galatians 3:29 tells us that those who believe in Jesus are now part of the seed, Abrahams seed of blessing. Not that gentiles replaced the Jews, no .. only that now the Jews were no longer inclusive, they would have to share. Romans has a lot to say about the Jews and their part in God's plan.

"People in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones"

• Gozz
    Gozz

RR,
    sorry to take you back again. And don't want to nitpick.
    The issue is touchy, that is, that the FDS is mediator between the greatcrowd and Jehovah. I'm sure many JWs will disagree with that. I'm yet to see them imply it. People may draw their own wrong conclusions, but I know Brooklyn won't claim that. It'll be suicidal. I'll take any elder/speaker up on it anyday without fear.

• logical
    logical

Hey larc

I was wondering if you might get a chance to meet the guy who lives near you who wrote all that good stuff. I think that he would really be interesting to talk to.

I thought the congregation that he was in was in the same circuit as me, turns out its not, Which is a shame. But still isnt all that far. Maybe one day i'll be in that area, and if i can i'll look him up as I'd love to speak to him about what he found out.

• logical
    logical

Hey larc

I was wondering if you might get a chance to meet the guy who lives near you who wrote all that good stuff. I think that he would really be interesting to talk to.

I thought the congregation that he was in was in the same circuit as me, turns out its not, Which is a shame. But still isnt all that far. Maybe one day i'll be in that area, and if i can i'll look him up as I'd love to speak to him about what he found out.

• RR
    RR

Gozz, I think the quote speaks for itself. They emphatically claim that Jesus is Mediator ONLY for the 144,000, where does that leave the 11 plus JW's of the earthly class? Accordingly, the Society likens them to the "alien residence" who associated with the Jews, they are "saved" by association.

The other quote clearly shows that both Jesus and the 144,000 mediate over the world of mankind during the 1000 year reign, the great crowd is part of that "world of mankind." Argue the point all you want, it's there in print. Witnesses are taught to think they have a mediator, but look all you want, you won't find an exact quote anywhere in their publications.

"People in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones"

• amicus
    amicus

Gozz,

The issue is touchy, that is, that the FDS is mediator between the greatcrowd and Jehovah.

The issue is touchy that is why it is not emphasized

I'm sure many JWs will disagree with that.

Then they need to pay closer attention to the publications printed by the WTBTS.

People may draw their own wrong conclusions, but I know Brooklyn won't claim that

Then why did they put it in print? They do allow for an escape clause if the subject becomes too heated; New Light.

It'll be suicidal. I'll take any elder/speaker up on it anyday without fear.

True. Suicidal to anyone who dared to challenge an elder or speaker. The Feb. 15, 2001 WT study articles IMHO discourage these types of questions(I think thats why they emphasize Apostates being destroyed and Jehovah's people being submissive).

Read Insight On the Scriptures pgs. 362,363 "Those for whom Christ is Mediator", "Inaugration of the New Covenant", and "Blessings to Mankind in General".
    RR does not misrepresent what is stated there. What the "FDS" is saying here is 'Christ mediates between the anionted and Jehovah. The anointed mediate between Christ and the great crowd.' Some of the verbage is a little confusing. The first sentence under "Blessings to Mankind in General" is fairly clear though.

(edited)
    Hey Gozz,
    I just now came across some of your other posts and I think I misunderstood your position. If you find my comments above offensive, e-mail me and I'll delete them.

Edited by - amicus on 12 January 2001 16:51:54

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Gozz, RR, and Amicus,

Thanks for bringing back the original thought of this thread. I didn't realize that the WTBTS taught jw's that Jesus is not their mediator until after I started reading on the web.

I can grasp what they're saying, but it's only effective if you believe in the 144,000 and the FDS taking Jesus's place as the "one mediator between all....(men)."

waiting

Edited by - waiting on 12 January 2001 15:12:27

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit