Hello

by Coxy1970 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Coxy1970
  • Giordano
    Giordano

Hello back at you. Is there anything else you'd like to say?

• Coxy1970
    Coxy1970

Hi All

I am a 40 yr old male living in England(Milton Keynes to be exact). I was raised in "the truth" from birth and stopped going at the age of 16. I went back at the age of 18 for about 6 mnths before leaving for good.

Stumbled across this forum when I Googled "Tom Maltby Jehovah's witnesses" a few days ago and ended up reading some of the posts on here.

I don't carry a chip on my shoulder about the society anymore but I still think about it a lot, but certainly do not believe in it at all.

Anyway I thought I would introduce myself and say hello and look forward to joining in the discussions here.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

It was a wise move to jump in the fray. Welcome. Weekends are slow for postings so just wait, you'll get coments soon. Speak your mind often.

• looloo
    looloo

hello , pleased to meet you , what made you leave for good ?

• shechaiyah
    shechaiyah

:Leaving for good: was never a destination for me.

I wanted to know more than the Society dishes out; and so I never stopped seeking.

Wouldn't trade the Seeker role for all the tea in China.

Shech--

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome !!! Nice to have you join us.
    I am the 84 year old Granny on line. Was in the "LIE"
    for 25 years.. Folks on here put up with me,Hope you will also Coxy

• Coxy1970
    Coxy1970

I left because I had just turned 16 and thought I was old enough to decide for myself whether to go or not. I still believed in it though, I didn't know anything else. i guess I wanted to experience 'the world' a bit, stuff like going out dating and stuff like that. i decided to go back as it was of my own free will and for the first time nobody was making me go. but i soon got bored and left for good, that was 21 years ago.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Good for you Coxy. Even a short term ex witness still understands what others with more years in and experiences are talking about and I've found that those on this forum don't place extra value on more years spent in. In fact the reverse is often expressed.....good for you for getting out and managing to do that so early in life. I'd be interested in what took place at age 16 - 18, and what you've done in the following years.

I spent 6 adult years in before I got out at 23. And finding this site helped me fill in what has been happening within the JW world (since no relative still in would dream of dishing the dirt with the likes of me) for the past 40 years. It's great knowing how screwed up it has gotten and how many are dropping out or being forced out.

Interesting to note that a Pew survey of religions in the states found that 67% of born-ins drop out. I thought that amazing.

Welcome to the forum!

• Coxy1970
    Coxy1970

Thanks Guys and Girls

Giordano,

16-18 I went to some gigs, lost my virginity and got drunk a bit (not necesarily in that order) and just enjoyed life a bit I suppose.

As far as the dirt on the JWs, thay have certainly been moving the goalposts have'nt they. Especially on the 1914 topic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit