i think i might return to the WTS

by dm6 44 Replies latest forum suggestions

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I just get these times sometimes where i wonder if they really honestly are truth? DO anyu of you get that sometimes?

Yes, this is perfectly normal for ex-JW, ex-Mormons, ex-Muslims, etc, etc.

• unshackled
    unshackled

Yes perfectly normal. But I found it only happened in the initial stages of leaving. In time it fades away to the point where you just laugh, and laugh...sometimes punch something...then laugh again at the absurdity of their beliefs.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The Watchtower is not right. There have been enough false predictions and changed teachings to know that.

Furthermore, if you go back you will just be making it harder for yourself. You will become more indoctrinated and hence more filled with the fear they seem to have already implanted in you in a short space of time. You will gain a circle of conditional friends. Since you do not like to be told what to do, within time you will likely fall foul of some rule, or the elders, be disfellowshipped and loose it all. You will then in an even worse place than you are now.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Is this thread even serious?

I was thinking of responding that I was going to join a Zeus worshipping group, because that illustrates how important the accuracy of a believ system is--because Zeus and Jehovah's cults aren't the truth!--but then I thought that might be snarky.

Oops, I guess I said it anyway.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Let me quote the you from this thread:

dm6: i would forget about all this nonesense if i were you. meetings, JW's the bible. everything.gone.period.= happy life.
  • strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

whenever i began to fear that i was sinning against the jdubs and god, i would get back into the jw doctrine research and it would confirm that they are a cult and that my brain washing was still in effect.

you need a reason to not trust them. and research will give you lots of reasons.

you only need one reason to stop trusting false prophets.

• umadevi
    umadevi

The WTS is all about control. There is no way you can be 'in' and not be controlled. Take time to weigh pros and cons before you decide. I have come to realize that one does not need an org to serve the Creator.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I agree completely with cantleave's message about the dog returning to its vomit. For you to even consider going back to Jehovah's Witnesses and the insanity of the WTS tells me that you are not dealing with reality.

Quendi

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I was born-in and always hated it to the depths. Still, it is still a bit difficult to realize they are only another mind control cult b/c my parents had absolute power over me. I paid a very high price for being with the Witnesses. Acknowledging it was for nothing and that my loved parents were deluded fools is difficult.

Denial is not only a river in Egypt. They are a dangerous cult. The problem is that you have not spent much time outside to even weigh the options.

Follow your heart and hunches, not your fear.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Yes, this is perfectly normal for ex-JW, ex-Mormons, ex-Muslims, etc, etc. . . . leavingwt
    Yes perfectly normal. But I found it only happened in the initial stages of leaving. In time it fades away to the point where you just laugh, and laugh...sometimes punch something...then laugh again at the absurdity of their beliefs. . . . unshackled

Darren . . . take heart from this. It is perfectly normal . . . and good on you for having the trust and honesty to post.

Looking forward to catching up sometime brother.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit