I feel Italian today- can you say Cinquecento?

by moshe 40 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

Thanks to our new car- a Fiat 500 Sport. It makes driving fun again, (and parking a breeze) if I can just get my wife to turn loose of it. The kicker is the lifetime warranty, which means I may never have to buy another car again. The dealer said they had a 91 year old buyer from Naples, FL drive a Fiat 500 all the way to Alaska this summer- no word on, if he can find his way back home. It's only 5000 miles.

-

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

this is hilarious. I just bought a Fiat 500 sport in the same color. I drive mine about 23 miles each way to the office. Good mileage and fun to drive. Did u get the sunroof? I passed on it

• moshe
    moshe

No, we passed on the sunroof- I test drove one with a sunroof- the Florida sun in July is not fun- give me the A/C.

Same color, a Sport, too? What a small world!

Our local dealer said he will be out of cars to sell in less than a month- the demand is far greater than they predicted- and 2x as many people want the stick shift as they have been making, but we wanted a six speed auto.

One thing we noticed, is the first car we drove had a white steering wheel and a contrasting white and red dash- the sun glare off the white was giving me eye strain. This one has dark vinyl/leather and copper trim inside - no eye strain.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

where's the amercican car fanatic?

I drive a japanese dependable

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

http://www.armandoautobody.com/

go to: our facility and see whats in the showroom

• moshe
    moshe

Is that an original model 500?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

yep, with an old sunroof

• LV101
    LV101

mosche/wha happened? --- LOVE your cars. OMG! if there weren't so many drunk drivers in my city, i'd own one. italians -- the artisans of the world!!! have spent time in fiat's city, torino, italy, (or was) and it's so great even though the italians refer to it as their industrial corner and thus shunning --- can't understand it borders the alps --- beautiful. best food (northern italian food) i've ever eaten in my entire life and my family still raves about it.

did fiat sell out to an american car co?

• shamus100
    shamus100

Looks like a really nice car, Moshe.

• moshe
    moshe

sell? Absorbed might be a better word.

It was a shotgun wedding 2 years ago- merge with Fiat or go bankrupt. Fiat has paid back the main loans from Treasury, so it seems to have worked. The 500 is the first car from the merger- built in the old PT Cruiser factory. The factory in Belvidere, Illinois (old Neon plant) now Jeep and Caliber cars, will retool for a new Alfa Romeo car- now this will be a head turner-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit