Who's Your Favorite Comedian?

by minimus 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Violia
    Violia

here is Ellen Degeneres 25 yrs of comedy. Her famous "phone call to God" is about mid way through it.

• Violia
    Violia

Here is ron whites famous "Stupid is forever"

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Viola, I got to see Tim Minchin live a few weeks ago in Chicago.

NC

• Violia
    Violia

I would love to see him. he is just amazing and I love everything he does. he-is a genius. Have you heard the " the good book" and "the Pope" song. wow

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOVE them Viola! He sang the pope song, but not the good book in Chicago. I was so incredibly disappointed because my friend brought her boyfriend and the trip brought out his evil side. Minchin said he'd come and talk to us in the bar after the show and this dipstick wouldn't stay! It was awful. I found out later that Minchin mingled with the fans FOR TWO FREAKING HOURS! I was so upset, I couldn't even read the whole thing. My friend broke up with that boyfriend immediately. He thought it was a stupid reason to break up, but she pointed out that it showed a characteristic she didn't like.

ANYWAY---he managed to make DARK SIDE funny by switching up the fog---He let the machine go until the stage disappeared and then it kept going. We were laughing so hard we could hardly breathe.

NC

• Violia
    Violia

Dark Side, oh yes the crazy fog. lol i'd have broken up with him too, a chance to talk to Tim Minchin and he blows it. off with his head.

here is Miss Tracey Ulman, a Brit, one of my favorite. I have been a fan since the 80's . She currently does a Show time series called " The state of the Union" a wonderful spoof of American life. She can sing too. She dresses up as different characters. I saw the show she did where she impersonated Laura Bush, it was so good, even Laura, bless her heart , would love it. I saw her interviews once and she said a psychic told her she would be a star. She is truly an original

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Chris Rock.

(and Jeff Foxworthy, I have to admit)

(and Robin Williams...and Joan Rivers)

• Violia
  • Violia
    Violia

I always wondered what is the world the movie Donnie Darko was about until I heard Tim Minchin explain it.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

OH HEY, I remember the Tracy Ulman Show! Remember when the Simpson's were even clunkier? Also, Donnie Darko is one of my favorite movies. LOVED Minchin's synopsis of it. Maybe I'll watch it again tonight. Definitely not a main stream thing---but then neither is Minchin.

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit