Update: I got the shun at my dad's funeral- the best outcome really!!

by Coffee House Girl 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Velour
    Velour

Wow, that is an amazing poem =)

I honestly have no words to really say about what you're going through. I've read these posts and I feel a lot of pain but not because I've been through losing a parent to physical death. I don't imagine it's anything I can relate to until I've been through it myself. I've wondered how I will handle losing my father when the time comes and how I'll deal with this cult of peddlers. I can only imagine the pain of losing a parent to death in itself and you also having the frustration of dealing with bastards is not anything I think I could handle. But I want to say thank you. You've done a great job in showing your father the proper respect and still mourning him, not like a JW robot trying to sell at every occasion, but like a flesh and blood daughter should. Thank you for a glimpse at how to navigate through a difficult sitation like this.

I don't know how you feel but I hope you have a sense of peace while you go through this.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

CHG, I'm genuinely sad for your loss. I know you must be experiencing a rollercoaster of emotion but I also have no doubt the good memories of your father will help you in the healing process. He sounds like he was a real quality fellow.

Sympathy, for me, tends to be the byproduct of recent experience. I lost my mother a little more than a week ago and we had the funeral this past Saturday. I'll share ordeal on another thread but I just wanted to express my sympathy here for the pain you're facing.

BTW, I loved your poem and agree with you 100%: if JW's don't like it, f*ck em.... and I think you should have that engraved on the piece of wood as well.

Take care,

SBC

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

You've been a very good daughter to both your father and your mother. Get a copy of the poem for your father's grave. Comfort and support your mother. Ignore the captives of the cult. I'm wishing you the best during this difficult time.

• ziddina
    ziddina

I am so sorry to hear of your father's death, Coffee House Girl. His presence in your parents' home must have given you a great deal of comfort - having someone else there who saw thru the Watchtower Society's agenda...

I am so very, very sorry to hear that he is gone...

That poem is AWESOME! And too full of joy of life - no wonder the walking Jehovah's Witness zombies nixed it for a funeral held in their windowless, airless hall!!! It might have woken someone up!!

I hope and wish the very best for you. That you remember your father; that he still 'lives on' inside your heart; that memories of his [slightly acerbic?] attitudes towards the Watchtower Society give you both comfort and strength...

And an occasional giggle, grin or soft smile at those memories.

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Again thank you everyone for sympathizing with me and validating my feelings- now out of the control of WT doctrine we all must face death sometime...the death of those we love dearly and our own someday- I write my feelings for myself, and a part of me writes it for others who must face these things too

I will print these responces out and put them in my journal, it will be helpful to refer to them in the future

SBC- I am also sorry for your loss, I know relations with your family have been hard over the past year...I can relate and I also wish for you to have peace and time to grieve

CHG

• VIII
    VIII

So sorry for your loss and the way they treated you CHG.

Hugs to you!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Sorry for your loss and agro CHG.

WTF was all the fuss about that poem!? ...Was it your JW familly that put the stop on it or the "brother" doing the talk? Not much human kindness in this cult is there. You will know them by their works etc etc......

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

That poem brought tears to my eyes, even tho' I lost my jw mom a decade ago over the blood issue. She died in the autumn.

I can't see anything wrong, jw-wise, except it wasn't written by the Watchtower. *sigh* You did well and I hope you'll get 'the last word'. I'm so sorry for your loss, it will hurt for a very long time, but, it will become bearable -- much sooner.

Love ya', The Rabbits

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit