A concerned JW wrote "mistakes will happen."

by InterestedOne 225 Replies latest jw friends

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

In the thread http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/213523/1/Feeling-a-bit-alienated, Concerned JW wrote:

mistakes will happen

Concerned JW, if mistakes will happen, I was wondering what mistakes you feel the JW organization is currently making? Can you name even one?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Mistakes are one thing. But, when you have a rule that everyone must abide by and teach them until the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger fixes them, you are no longer looking at "human error" or "human imperfection". This means that, even a simple stupid error on the part of the few at the top can damage around 5 million sincere followers and students. And that is if they were simple stupid errors.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Yes, and mistakes will happen in the catholic church also,

why cant JWs just overlook those too?

• Gayle
    Gayle

Really the organization/GB don't admit to being completely wrong about anything,,they are absolutely dogmatic about many things with enforcement to disfellowship any who would question or not believe any one thing. Then they can turn around and state that they get "new light" and remain as arrogant as ever. That God is only using them and loving only them, that they are the best people, etc. is so ridiculously arrogant/absurd.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

If you came out in spring of 2009 and tried to tell everyone in your congregation that when Jesus said "this generation shall by no means pass away" that he was speaking to two groups of overlapping contemporaries, and you stubbornly held to that belief even when "counseled" by the elders, you'd have been disfellowshipped. When the change to the meaning of the word "generation" came along in the fall of 09 and then officially in the WT of spring 2010, showing that you were correct, there would be no apology to you, no automatic reinstatement. And if you showed up with an "I told you so!" then your hopes of reinstatement would probably be dashed forever.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Fair enough. Mistakes happen. Can Concerned link us to an apology? Oh the WT just gloats when the Catholic Church offers apologies! It would seem that they view the apologies with contempt because of the actions that required such apologies. It turns out they just view the apologies with contempt---period.

Perhaps Concerned has never suffered from one of these "mistakes" . Perhaps their life was never shattered over a matter that ended up being changed anyway. Perhaps Concerned lacks compassion and the ability to apoligize too. Perhaps that is just the cult personality. If we could ever break through that personality, there may be loving person under there. A person that apologizes for mistakes and grieves when they hurt someone. Until then, they will simply throw around pat cliches like "mistakes happen" in the face of much pain and suffereing.

Wake up concerned before one of these "mistakes" destroys your life.

NC

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"Mistakes will happen"?

What a flippant comment. It's like saying to Jaycee Dugard after her years of being held hostage and being raped "well these things happen" without so much of an "I'm sorry for what happened to you". How is "mistakes will happen" supposed to make anyone feel better about their situation and how they feel?

I suppose on some level it's a comment not of support but born out of control and indifference. That's sad.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

As the Thing in the Fantastic 4 says : 'Sheeeesh!'

I agree with WTWizard. The GB making 'mistakes' cost countless lives and they DON'T care!!

Anyway, try these.....

• shamus100
    shamus100

I just couldn't have ever imagined in a million years posting here as an active dub.

It took me two years being out before I could even post here.

• cantleave
    cantleave

If I make a mistake, I will apologise for it. The GB NEVER apologises.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit