Breaking News: Explosion in Oslo

by leavingwt 99 Replies latest social current

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

At least 10 were killed at the youth rally. The gunman was a 190 cm tall blond white man.

• Glander
    Glander

Once again, Muslims are not a race, they are a religion. A blond haired, blue eyed suicide gunman could be a muslim.

• bohm
    bohm

properly about 25 killed at the island... people are trying to swim away. this is pretty awfull.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Did not write anything about religion because nothing is stated about that or confirmed yet-

• bohm
    bohm

he sound a bit older than your average terrorist.. (35-40 years old)

• NeckBeard
    NeckBeard

"Ansar al-Jihad al-Alami" is Norwegian for "religion of peace."

• Glander
    Glander

Inquiry Man,

Maybe I jumped to a conclusion when you referred to the description of the gunman. No harm done. It is a good reminder though. The TSA screens everyone before boarding a plane. Now there are reports of Muslim extremists boasting about the attacks. Maybe they are just opportunists trying to take credit for the mayhem.

• jj123jj123
    jj123jj123

http://news.yahoo.com/witnesses-describe-scene-terror-norway-camp-010853069.html

"The gunman who killed at least 80 people at an island youth camp northwest of Oslo used his disguise to lure in his victims, then shot them twice to make sure they were dead, survivors said in the village of Sundvollen, where they were taken after the massacre."

Such a sad story. How would have such news stories affected you while a JW? Would you have used it in a field ministry presentation? How does such world events affect you now?

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

I guess all withstanding religion would react with sadness and grief to such atrocities. Witnesses, however, most likely will take such an event as a confirmation of their view that the world is evil and due to end. We are all sad here... We´re just 5 million here, and close to hundred killed makes an immense impact. It is the worst calamity drabbing this country since World War II.

• sizemik
    sizemik

As a witness I would have taken it just as InquiryMan suggests . . . confirmation of an evil world getting worse . . . and closer to the end. Also, my grief for the dead would be largely mitigated by the ressurrection hope. No longer being a witness, I now see such an attitude as more like religiously induced apathy. I am more inclined to sadness and outrage now . . . and my thoughts linger longer for the victims and their families whose lives have been changed forever. Also, their countrymen who have to grieve also, and adjust to a new reality and say goodbye to an old innocence.

5 months ago we had a natural disaster in this city which claimed 180 lives and has changed our country of 4.5M in profound ways. Most had a connection to those lost in some way. We, however, had a reason for it which was understandable and probably easier to accept. This is just senseless and unneccesary. My heart goes out to all Norwegians.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit