IMPORTANT: JW Congregation in Britain loses case!!!!!!

by Viva la Vida 13 Replies latest jw friends

• jhine
    jhine

The Old Hippie ,I am a Brit but I am not familiar with the British legal system certainly not in regards to matters like this .!

While not understanding all the ins and outs this does sound like the WT have been sharply rapped over the knuckles .

Jan

• defender of truth
    defender of truth
    "TheOldHippie 3 hours agoFor those of us (at least I hope there are more than just me) who are foreigners and thus neither being familiar with the British judicial system nor with its specialized terms and language - could someone provide me/us with a "Charity vs. congregation for dummies" version? "
    Thanks to Joe Grundy, Private Eye published a quite clear and concise article covering this situation. He even posted the text here:
    www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/167980001/jw-child-abuse-makes-private-eye

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

And this may help..

" In the most serious cases of abuse and regulatory concern, it may open a statutory inquiry. The purpose of an inquiry is to investigate and establish the facts of the case, so that the commission can:

identify the extent of any misconduct and mismanagement

assess the risks to the charity, its work, assets, beneficiaries and reputation

decide what action needs to be taken to resolve the concerns and ensure this takes place "

www.gov.uk/government/publications/statutory-inquiries-into-charities-guidance-for-charities-cc46

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This was all I had to read from the news summary of the story:

It had emerged that victims of sexual abuse by a former trustee of that congregation had been required to meet and answer questions from their abuser, who had just been released from the prison he was given for abusing them, a tribunal documentshows.

That has the ring of truth to it. Watchtower thinks it is more important to establish whether or not a member has violated some rules and needs judicial matters to proceed than it is to protect sexual abuse victims from further psychological damage, so it forces them to face questions from their abuser.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit