Could you eat breakfast after watching this at Bethel?

by Dogpatch 70 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

This is a partial video of the morning breakfast table in Brooklyn Bethel in the late 80s, with Lyman Swingle hosting... the Governing Body member who at first tried to shelter Ray Franz from disfellowshipping, but then within a year or two his spirit was broken and he was a bitter man.

Randy (I was there and it was death-dealing, like the Death Eaters from Harry Potter!)

Address of Windows Media file if you don't see anything:

http://www.randytv.com/SwingleBreakfast.wmv

• Found Sheep
  • undercover
    undercover

no video...

But that's interesting about Swingle running interference for Franz and then becoming bitter. Is there more about that on your site?

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

or also:

http://www.randytv.com/Swingle.mp4

Should be up now.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I'm getting a 404 on every single link posted...

V665V665

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Try it again.

Randy

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

i couldn't stomach the whole thing!!! May not eat dinner now.

• unshackled
    unshackled

Could only make it to the 0:50 sec. mark, when he said: "Good thing you folks have patience." No shit, I don't and would've helped myself to breakfast at that point.

• undercover
    undercover

I sampled bits and pieces...

Wow... was every breakfast like this? This was painful. It was more boring than the most boring Circuit Assembly talk I've heard. No wonder some Bethelites came back with that dazed and confused look that never went away...

Another thing I noticed... the camera was cut off during the prayer. Were we not meant to see God's Spirit floating around the head of the prayer giver? Now that I think about it...they did the same thing at some of the conventions. Any CCTV feeds were blacked out during prayers.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I would give my right tit to have footage of Knorr on a tirade or Freddy do one of his little routines.

They were the only ones who were entertaining, Swingle was actually one of the more interesting!!

Of course there was crazy Gangas. Lord.

Randy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit