CURE MY INSOMNIA!!!

by ashitaka 23 Replies latest jw friends

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

PLEASE HELP ME SLEEP!!!!

Food remedies, relaxation techniques, etc? Open for any suggestions.

I have no pills, so that suggestion wouldn't help.

Gracias.

ashi

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Try Clicking on the elders school online!!!! Turn that up and you should be sawing logs in no time that or a good cranial massage!

Ven

"Injustice will continue until those who are not affected by it are as outraged as those who are."

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I already tried the JW books, and online school remedies. I tried everything JW. It always USED to work, THAT'S WHY I'M GETTING DESPERATE!!!
    :):):)

Seriously, though, does anybody have an insomnia remedy for me. I have to wake up in five hours. Thanks.

ashi

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Try getting a foot massage or head massage (cranial). umm some tea maybe, meltonin if you have any, nice hot bath with lavender. Honey I've heard before helps, as does grapefruit juice. (my grama claims that at least) *rackin' my brains here*.

Sorry Bro!!!!
    Ven

"Injustice will continue until those who are not affected by it are as outraged as those who are."

• qadreena
    qadreena

burn some lavendar essential oil, maybe a bit of chamomile to go with it

xxx angel xxx

• puzzled
    puzzled

Got a hammer?

just kidding.....

Do you drink tea?? some tea is good for that, cammomeal, can't spell it. if you don't drink a lot of coffee during the day.

Hot bath, massage, cup of herb tea a candle a CD playing the sounds of wind and rain, and a feather pillow.
    That usually works for me. I have to imagin it ofcourse.

i'm posting under my roomies name. I'm not a fresh troll.

• larc
    larc

Ashi,

I don't know if this will work for you, but here is what I do. One of two things, I lay on the couch and turn on an educational tv program where the person has a monatone voice. I set the volume so it is loud enough to hear but not to loud. I usually drift off in a few minutes. Or, I get into bed and turn on either talk radio or pleasant soft music, the same thing happens, I drift off pretty quickly.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Thanks, VIT, just wondering, what's melatonin? I'll make myself a nice cuppa tea with some honey if I can find any. The wifey is asleep, so the massage is out. I've never once massaged myself well.

Thanks for the help.

ashi

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Hammer? LOLOLOL

My wife has some lavender, so I'm going to get some of that out and try that in a few. Thanks for all the suggestion. I'm so wide awake right now. It drives me nuts.

thanks, guys.

ashi

P.S.-Larc, I wish I had cable right now. Your suggestion sounds perfect. That guy who narrates NOVA would be perfect right now.

• Scully
    Scully

try reading any bound volume

seriously though.....

If you have any dramamine or benadryl handy that will probably make you sleepy. Neither is addictive, but if you're finding that your insomnia lasts more than a couple of nights, you should probably get it checked out.

My sleep cycles regularly get messed up because of my working night shifts. I noticed an improvement in my ability to recuperate once I stopped having caffeine products, and instead substituted herbal teas (there's one that is a mild sedative that's marketed under the name "sleepytime"), water (sometimes with a small wedge of lemon for flavour), chicken broth and so on.

There are lots of good relaxation tapes on the market, as well as the "Solitudes" series of CDs and tapes. I have a collection of nature sounds CD (babbling brooks, rainfall, birds in the forest, thunderstorms, whale and dolphin sounds, etc.) that are very relaxing for me.

My favorite relaxation technique is to fill up the tub with hot water and bubbles, have a dozen or so lavendar scented candles flickering on the vanity (the mirror reflects the candle light, so you don't need a lot) and then turn the lights off, turn some soothing music on and just let the hot water melt away all my stress and anxieties. After a good soak in the tub, a back rub and/or foot massage with lightly scented lotion is the icing on the cake. I sleep like a baby afterward.

Although having an alcoholic drink may be tempting for its sedative effects, it is known to disrupt sleep cycles and shorten the REM cycles that your body needs for its restorative effects. It's also very dehydrating, so you tend to wake up with a headache or worse.

If you're under a lot of stress that's keeping you awake, try writing down your thoughts and worries in a journal. It's amazing how getting the words out of your mind and onto paper helps you to put the stress aside enough to allow you to get some sleep.

Hope these help!
    Sweet dreams....
    Love, Scully

In the desert things find a way to survive. Secrets are like this too. They work their way up through the sands of deception so men can know them. - The X Files

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit