It's all getting to me now...I let them back in my head, help

by discreetslave 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dm6
    dm6

come on man stop being silly u know its all lies. you will always have these doubts forever and ever amen.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

I felt the same way for a split second, doubting myself. Then I thought I am not trying to be rebellious in my thoughts but trying to find the truth. I will always be hesitant that is the nature of the beast. Is it in the back of my mind, yes but I know that I have nothing but good intentions as I sit observe and read while I go to the meetings etc.

• Free39
    Free39

To concernedjw

I have to say that Jesus was against authoratitive structures within the church. Just read the following...

Mat 20:25 Jesus called them together and said, "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them.
    Mat 20:26 Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant,
    Mat 20:27 and whoever wants to be first must be your slave--

But at the same time the Bible says be in subjection to the governing authorities of the world.

Rom 13:1 Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.
    Rom 13:2 Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.
    Rom 13:3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you.

Your arguement about Elders and Apostles being "Over" other Christians is unbiblical, they served "Under" them.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

To ConcernedJW

Does Prov 4:18 really justify an organization replacing doctrines and failed prophecies with new doctrines and prophecies, or does it simply contrast the benefit to the "righteous" of obeying a wise father (Prov 4:10-19)? False teachings can be called "false words" and Prov 13:5 says, "A false word is what the righteous hates..." When the WTS changes a teaching to something that is totally different, is it like a light that is getting brighter and brighter or more like having one false light (word) completely turned off and a totally different light turned on? Do you think the WTS would be critical of any other organization that changed its teachings as many times on as many different issues over the last 100 years as the WTS has?

• godrulz
    godrulz

concerned: there is a big difference between Rom. 13 government under God's delegated authority that does good, protects, etc. and Jim Jones who kills people in the name of religion despite being well organized in Guyana. Biblical elders bare no resemblance to GB, JW elders, etc. WT is autocratic and destroys lives, families, covers pedophilia contrary to wisdom from secular authorities that are more in line with God's Word on this point, shunning, blood transfusions, etc. etc. Hassan was a former Moonie and is not dishonest. Have you read his works cover to cover? If not, shut up. There is a difference between legit authority structures and false prophets, autocrats like Russell, Rutherford, Knorr, Franz, etc. At the end of the day, we can go through WT distinctives and show how they are extra/contrabiblical. You will not see it due to mind control, indoctrination, and reliance on WT simplistic, pat answers instead of sound exegesis and first hand research of the scholars of Christendom that they misquote.

• designs
    designs

godrulz-

Maybe you missed your obiturary...

You never knew Russell, Rutherford, Knorr or Franz. You don't know the differences between the Bible Students and the Jehovah's Witnessess. You are a yapping Chihuahua on your better days.

• cantleave
    cantleave

There is a difference between legit authority structures and false prophets, autocrats like Russell, Rutherford, Knorr, Franz, etc.

Spot-on!

• godrulz
    godrulz

Penton knows the differences and documents them. I have just finished his book and am reading the footnotes that give supportive documentation. I have also read other historical sources about them. Your point is academic and moot compared to dealing with WT JWs at the door. The tiny splinter groups of Bible Students are virtually unknown and inconsequential. I used to be more familiar with Christian Science (Mary Baker Eddy), but there are so few around now that it is a much better use of time and energy to become familiar with Mormons, JWs, Muslims. I read the stuff, but did not memorize Penton's book like the Bible. It is of little interest to most, so you are just trying to waste my time or undermine my credibility. We are not all experts on everything. I would rather know the Bible than go back to the start of Penton's book to fish for your answer (I did give you an answer off the top of my head and read your post with an answer, but I am not a computer; we can google it, so buzz off).

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Do you think the WTS would be critical of any other organization that changed its teachings as many times on as many different issues over the last 100 years as the WTS has?

Ironically, the Watchtower criticises the Catholics for their releasing of new teachings.

""Tell me," he asked, "how can I have confidence in anything? How can I believe in the Bible, in God, or have faith? Just ten years ago we Catholics had the absolute truth, we put all our faith in this. Now the pope and our priests are telling us this is not the way to believe any more, but we are to believe 'new things.' How do I know the 'new things' will be the truth in five years?"" Awake! 1970 Apr. 22 p.8
  • NewChapter
    NewChapter

Discreet Slave, I've been reading an ex-Pentecostal site and those members experience the same fear. Mormons too. I would guess that many people who broke away from many different cults experience this fear. It's hard to retrain the brain to be free of a deeply ingrained fear. It's a process and will take time. Keep working on your critical thinking and do the suggested reading. Look, they can't ALL be true and yet ex cult members experience the SAME fear. Perhaps that fear is not rooted in truth at all.

Just use care. Resist attempts from people to recruit you to other groups. Take your time and get your balance.

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit