Thanks for your support JWN!!! Dad dies monday, JW family goes to convention on thursday

by Coffee House Girl 41 Replies latest jw friends

• jambon1
    jambon1

Sorry for your loss. You remembered your dad in a lovely, sincere way.

JW's can even turn the death of a person into the most inhuman circumstance.

Cold, heartless.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Sorry for you loss. I'm glad you & your brother gave him his due respect. Your hearts should always be at peace knowing you displayed true love.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I am so sorry you have to deal with the antics of followers of this stupid cult!

Take care.

• moshe
    moshe

Sorry for your loss, CHG. Your JW family probably needed the assembly like an addict needed a drug fix. Every death tells a JW that the new order has not arrived and lets in a little bit of doubt-- maybe I too will die before the New Order comes, so why beat myself up trying to do everything the WT says, if I am going to die like everyone else anyway? They have to purge the doubt about WT teachings- hence the need to get to the assembly, asap.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I'm sorry to hear this although we all understand there really is death it doesn't make it any easiar. At least you had your brother and he had you to hold on to.

Much love for the coming days.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Hugs, CHG!

Moshe nailed it. Death introduces cognitive dissonance in the mind of people who believe they're going to live forever. Also, a common line among JWs is that now that our loved one has died, we have to "do more" and "work harder in service" to make sure we survive and can meet him in the resurrection. It is sad and it is sick.

I am so glad you had your brother to share your grief with. And CSG seems like a real godsend, too. You can feel the love he has for you in every post he makes here.

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

Coffee House Girl (and by extension Coffee Shop Guy),

TotallyADD and I send our sincerest condolences on the loss of your father. No matter how much we anticipate a loved one dying it is still a shock when it happens. It is made even more so by the reactions of those still trapped in the cult.

Your remembrance of your dad with your brother around a campfire was truly touching. Very, very fitting and a true honor to your dad's memory.

Please also extend our sympathies to your brother as well for the hurt he is going through.

Reoened Mind

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Thank you so much for everyone's kind replies- it is sad that many of you have had the same experiences, both on the inside of the borg: never feeling like you can grieve like a "normal" person

and now experiencing death on the outside of the borg: looking in the faces of those hollow individuals who were once your family- seeing no spark of emotion looking back at you- it is like something out of a science fiction "invasion of the body snatchers" movie-

Moshe you did nail it...thank you for helping me to see it for what it is- I can only pity them now....nothing I say or do can help them, I am happy that I have peace in the fact that his pain is over (I don't have faith in things like an afterlife now, but I am okay with not knowing, and I have no fears for him)

I will pass all of your sympathies on to my brother and CSG, thank you all for being here for us now.

CHG

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

Coffee House Girl,

You have a pm

Reopened Mind

• hellenback
    hellenback

Hi coffee house girl. I am so sorry for your loss but equally glad you were able to greive him in such a lovely way with your brother. Dont know you but BIG HUGS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit