Have Jehovah's Witnesses (The WTBTS) taken the Best Years of your life?

by Hairyhegoat 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

Having been a born in for 44 years I can say yes to this question. My 2 sisters and 1 brother and my dad have nothing to do with my family now we have made our stand against the JW'S. I was always downtrodden at school for been a JW. Never had new clothes or shoes and always looked thrown together. NEVER had any mates to go to the pub with and always had to turn girls down at school. My dad hates me and my older brother is a numtea. What a good job the WT has done on seperating a once close family! I hope the groverling botty are pleased

What other things and life experiences have you lost to the WTBTS ?

HHG

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I don't think so! Sure I didn't get out till 33 but the last 3 years have been fantastic! I miss my brother but it is his choice not mine to shun me. You got out with your family! This is a good thing!

Peace and love to you and your family!!FS

• cantleave
    cantleave

We are the same age and have a similar story, I would say that the best years of my life have not been lived to fullest extent possible, and that too much time wasted in pointless "theocratic craptivity". But those years haven't been completely wasted, there are some fond memories and enjoyable experiences, despite the WTS.

If I could live them again, would they be different? Hell yes!

• fade_away
    fade_away

I'm 26 now and they stole the first 25 years of my life. I'm making up for it now. Not in a crazy way though...I'm not running out to get tattoos or have orgies or anything (I choose to never do that). I missed out on birthday parties and holidays and the freedom to listen to whatever music I wanted or watched whatever movie I wanted. I had to sneak around to watch R rated movies or listen to heavy metal. Now I'm making up for it and I'm attending an annual Rock concert called the Uproar Festival. (That's my annual convention now) When I have kids, I'll celebrate all their birthdays and holidays with them. They will have the complete opposite life I had. Freedom is what I missed out on, but I'm glad to be free at the still young age of 26.

• watersprout
    watersprout

When I first got out I felt like I had the best years taken away... Then I thought I'm only younge, and told myself to stop living in the past and to live in the present... Look back at the past, take out the good parts and remember those moments with joy.

You have your wife and your children... Your health and your home. You are abundent with many wonderful people and things.

Peace

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

Thanx found sheep ! We are all doing ok now we are out. I lost my job in April but have another one starting August 1st. So I hope we will have a bit more money coming in as things are getting very tough in the UK now.

HHG.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I don't know, my teenage through early twenties were a blast while living a double life to be honest with you. I didn't lack for a woman during those years, although it was stressful keeping that stuff hidden from my JW peers and folks. My high school years I mostly hung out with nonJWs, quite a few of which were involved with criminal behavior and there were times my car was, "dirty" for those in the know. Had you reached under my front passenger seat you would have felt what you would have thought to be a salad mix, or broccoli. I never sold, but I had friends who did, and sometimes things ended up my car, stupidly I might add. Those years were fun though, and I miss some of those guys and the fun we had back then. After high school, I went to school for a certain trade which didn't quite pan out in the long run, but it put more money in my pocket in the short run than all of the people who went to college, although I would have liked to know about the college experience, but whatever. Without a degree, and with the JW mindset that blue collar work is somehow more honorable, I ended up in tool & die shops and got exposed to the kind of white people I never would have come across otherwise. It was good experience for me, opened me up to classic rock, met quite a few bikers of both the real outlaw types, and the weekend warriors. Not to mention your safe in suburbia types. I'm glad the WT background exposed me to that at a young age.

I'm not out yet, sometimes I wonder if I'm more physically in than ever with some of the bonehead decisions I've made in the past few months, one might even say decisions I allowed to be made on my behalf. Mentally I'm about as out as can be, although Mad Sweeny and Pistoff may disagree with me saying that. As far as the best years of my life, I don't know. I'm in my early thirties, and I'm not unhappy, although I'm not exactly happy either. I'm at a real crossroads right about know because even if upon making the transition from active JW to inactive, I still don't know what the heck I want to do with my life. Every now and then I get the college bug, but as of late I don't really care about that. I've kind of hit a rut in life, a pause that I haven't been able to do anything about. I never thought this system of things would still be here, but whats more is, when I was a teenager and in my early twenties, I never thought about the possiblity that I'd be in my early thirties. Never thought one day I'd be more attracted to 30ish and 40ish women than I would 20ish. Never thought I'd be purchasing and devouring so many books, and especially thrilled by the writings of a certain gay black author. It's weird man, cuz I'm in a rut, but I'm finding certain satisfaction in this rut, like I'm planning or preparing for something, although I don't know what that is.

So I guess I can say that the JWs haven't taken the best years of my life, with the ultimate question being, yet or ever? I don't know if I've possibly lived the best years of my life during those teenage and early 20ish years? Or do I have better years ahead of me? Time will tell I guess.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Yes! *ANGRY*

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Another Yes here, and bloody livid about it.

Well maybe not livid, but certainly pissed off that I didn't get out a lot sooner than 42. Now starting to pick up my life and LIVE it instead of procrastinating it away waiting for soething that is NOT going to happen in my lifetime. (if at all)

• Was New Boy
    Was New Boy

Well I was "in" over 50 years....

So most of my life I was miss guilded....

I have blessed the whole experience.....because it has brought me to the here now...which is the only place to be.

Don't waste your time and energy on what has happened to you my friend.

They say vengence is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Peace

New Boy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit