Elders' Manual - Prior to "Flock" Book

by StandFirm 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StandFirm
    StandFirm

The Watch Tower Publications Index under "Watch Tower Publications" under the "Books" subheading mentions the following elders' manuals prior to the 1991 "Flock" Book. They are:

1960: Kingdom Ministry School Course

1972: Kingdom Ministry School Course (revised)

Under "Brochures":

1977: "Pay Attention to Yourselves and to All the Flock" (first brochure)

1979: "Pay Attention to Yourselves and to All the Flock" (second brochure)

1981: "Pay Attention to Yourselves and to All the Flock" (third brochure)

I already have the 1991 "Flock" book both without and with notes. I also have the 2010 Shepherding book.

My request is, Where can I find downloads of any of the older elders' manuals listed above?

Thanks in advance!

• St George of England
    St George of England

Did they not start off as "Preaching in unity" followed by "Preaching and teaching in peach and unity". This must have been 1950 - 60's before the elder arrangement.

Still have mine somewhere

George

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Why not ask one of the elders in your local congregation? I would think they would be the best source and would know who to contact to find this material. Have you asked them yet?

• StandFirm
    StandFirm

St George of England: Those are the equivalents of the Organized book, not the elders' manual, and they are available at http://www.strictlygenteel.co.uk/booklets/ptiu.html and http://www.strictlygenteel.co.uk/booklets/preaching.html

Thank you though.

Remember all, these elders' manuals will help you expose JWs more, or expose apostates more, depending on who you'd ask.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Have you asked your local elders or not? If not, why not?

• StandFirm
    StandFirm

InterestedOne: Does it matter? It's none of their business.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

It matters because logically, since they are elders, they would be the best, most direct, source for obtaining elders' handbooks. I would think an older elder would be a good source to ask for the older handbooks. It would be a very direct, expedient way to obtain the information. Is there a reason why you would hesitate to ask them?

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

When we got our Flock book we had to surrender the 3 Pay Attention brochures. Just thought you like to know. Totally ADD

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

If Jehovah's organization specified that the brochures must be surrendered to headquarters, that means anyone who retained them and would provide them on the internet would be violating Jehovah's counsel. How can StandFirm have a clean conscience before Jehovah if he is requesting that someone violate Jehovah's counsel? StandFirm, can you please help me to understand why you would request that someone violate Jehovah's counsel by providing brochures that were supposed to be turned in?

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

I have all this stuff.

Marvin Shilmer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit