Bad day in Athiest/Jehovah's-Witnessville

by Nickolas 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Bear with me for a day or two, ok? If I don't vent a bit I'll leave gray matter spontaneously spattered all over my office walls.

• undercover
    undercover

Vent away...

A good drink goes well with a nice venting rant...

• sabastious
    sabastious

Just make sure your good and liquored up this sh*t is hardcore!

-Sab

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I feel like a fly when it lands on the table in front of you, and then it starts rubbing its hands together.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Ah, dear Nick... the greatest of love and peace to you, truly! Keep it together, Brother, keep it together. You can do it.

Again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

We're all ears and we're uniquely qualified to (sort of) relate.

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

I've had plenty of them. Especially when my in-laws come back from a convention and they're all jacked up on the WT spirit juice. Ya know?

"Let's go save somebody from themselves. Hey, where does that Isaac guy live?!?"

BTW, this is their weekend. Hurray.

I think there's more than enough non-believers here to relate. Fire away.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

My current rant's in another thread. Feeling better already, but still steamed. More later.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Thank you for your patience.

Context. My wife and I live in a house much too large for two people but we entertain a lot. Friends and family, most of the time overnight guests. My wife handles the living arrangements. She does the linen and the washrooms and the allocation of who gets what bedroom and I do the cooking, the entertainment and the beverages. There's overlap but that's pretty much the allocation of workload. We trust one another to get the job done right and for the most part it works out. My elder son, mid-30's, has finally met the one and he wants her to meet us. So, we plan a long weekend and make arrangements to fly the two of them up. My son has been living with this lovely young woman for some months. They are obviously intimate and in love, but when they arrive they are allocated separate bedrooms. It becomes the elephant in the room. Mom is oblivious, Dad's body language says "it's your call, son" and son doesn't have the medal to confront mom.

Now a couple of months later they are separated and my son is devastated. He and I talked about what changed and it was after the visit. It could be construed that his young woman saw her future mother-in-law as a strict Jehovah's Witness and she has bolted. I have quoted him before in this board but it bears another. Emerson: "Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying". My wife is a good, loving person but she's still a Jehovah's Witness. She goes door-to-door telling people that any day now Jehovah God is going to destroy the earth along with almost 7 billion people but you can be saved if you only believe in the Watchtower. It's obvious what the Watchtower says about co-habitation before marriage, but it is antiquated Christian moralism. And now it may have contributed to another breakup, even if only by association.

I frankly wonder how it is that Jehovah's Witnesses can't be feeling conflicted. How do you people rationalise fucking up families? If you can't see it then why can't you just wake up?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Nick: Sorry to hear about it. Maddening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit