were you made to feel guilty if you missed a meeting / service ?

by man in black 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

These stories are allmost unbelievable,

then I remember were talking about the JWs,

then its all believable again.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Guess who didn't go out in field service today?

Guess who still has a voice mail from 9:43am, that he's yet to listen to?

Guess who's going to be at the meeting tommorrow and hear questions like, "Where were you yesterday?"

Bad thing is I do feel guilty. I should have went out this morning, but I just didn't feel like it. Plus its hotter than Gehenna out here. Doing door to door in this kind of weather, you're asking to ruin your shirts, both tees and Goeffrey Beenes.

• ultrabimbo
    ultrabimbo

Hi FS:

Did you ever tell this experience to this "Elder" at a later time? If so, I would be interested as to his response.

He probably felt she will be toast at armageddon anyway, why should you miss a meeting for

that? Truth is though not all witnesses are that heartless, at least not many of the ones I have

known. Brainwashed and in a trance yes, but not that heartless. You helped save a life that day,

I hope at least, or at least your workmates and you tried your very best to do so. If you did

attend the meeting it would have been much of the same stale bread and lukewarm water.

Frank

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Yes she lived and is doing well! She is now 7. I know her grandma. NO... never explained why I was late.... just turned around! I don't know.... people in my hall didn't seem to care that my job didn't stop just cuz there was a meeting....

• ultrabimbo
    ultrabimbo

I never missed a meeting or field service when I was an active witness. I sometimes didn't go, but I never "missed" them.

Frank

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit