What made you leave "The Truth"?

by Chemical Emotions 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Velour
    Velour

Yup, a list

How could any appointments be taking place by holy spirit when I knew people doing some sinful stuff and being appointed? Even had a friend say he was going to play the game and be a kiss-ass and suck-up and get appointed just to prove what a crock of sh*t appointments were. He did it. I was a pioneer for 5 years though I barely studied, prayed, and never made my time. But I smiled at all the meetings and was really good at making up on-the-spot answers for the meetings.

The dreaded thought of marrying one of those surface-thinking idiots! The better a JW they were, the weirder they were. UGH!

The idea of paradise they paint sounds hella boring. In one of the recent videos they show a brief urban scene, a crowded sidewalk, tall buildings, and then the scene goes grey and blurry and the narrator says something like, "..and man has created cities that distract them and block their view from God's beautiful creation." WTF? No cities! I love cities!

Trivial things but enough that I couldn't see a happy future for myself being a JW. Even I was going to die the next day in Armaggedon, I wanted that day to be all mine! ^_^ For a little over a year, everyday since has indeed been my own.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Velour: I love your list!

"WTF? No cities! I love cities!"

Me too! I don't want to live in the paradise that they teach about.

And I didn't want to marry a JW either. No way...

• cult classic
    cult classic

Yeah, CE - that fear of being shunned is hard to take. Harder still to think of all the pain of dying at Armaggedon... I basically was exhausted with suppressing my feelings and thoughts on things. I was like "God, just kill me now. I can't take it anymore."... LOL

Once I came to grips with losing everything, the fear dissipated.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Most JWs could shun me and I wouldn't care. But my family...that's different. And of course dying a terrifying death and having birds eat my eyes and no one giving a darn was soooo scary. Especially as a little kid.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Adverse false doctrines circumventing literature circulation.

The WTS has always been a scam surrounding the sales of literature.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

One thing that pisses me off is that whenever someone does something their own way, perhaps because they are creative, and others think it will "stumble others", they are put in their place and must conform. Even if it's not something questionable at all. Or god forbid a women speaks up...

• maksym
    maksym

There is a question you can ask Jehovah's Witnesses..(but I like to call them watchtowers).

What would Jehovah have to do to make you understand that the Watchtower religion is false.

I answered that question some 4 years ago.

Jehovah God spoke to me and told me to leave. He said you are in Babylon the Great. Go to my true religion and seek refuge.

What else can I say. When Jehovah speaks, I listen.

peace

Maksym

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

That's not a bad idea.

• shamus100
    shamus100

No fruit-flan after the meetings. :'(

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It was the lies for me also. My father taught me that when you find one lie most likely there will be others. Too bad my father and other members of my family can't see the forest for the trees.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit