My fathers weekly visit from the witnesses

by Igot2bme 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Igot2bme
    Igot2bme

My father who has never been a JW had a visit from a brother in a congo in his territory. He usually comes over at least one time a week and places magazines and shoots the breeze with him about different issues. This last visit though left a sour taste with him. My dad and a friend were visiting when this brother showed up at his house and they started discussing politics. My father is not an Obama fan, and was speaking about how he wasn't happy about how things were going in America. The brother joined into the conversation and agreed with him but than in turn had chimed in and said yeah he is a n*gger! My father and his friend were stunned! He was so upset when I showed up later on to drop off some items he couldn't stop talking about how disgusted he was about it. My father if he had any interest in what the brother had to say in his previous visits he sure doesn't anymore!

• Ex-Dub MS
    Ex-Dub MS

When I read this, I can't help but imagine a scene from Blazing Saddles...only with this guy on the roof of an Assembly Hall, waving his arms and shouting "The new Circuit Overseer is a BONNNNNGGGGGGG"

• designs
    designs

Interesting, latent racism exists in all levels of American society. Back in the late 60s the Assistant Presiding Overseer in the congregation I was in would use horrible racist language in private. One evening we had his family over to our house to watch Basketball on the TV and his racist comments got so outrageous everyone at one point just stoodup in protest, kind of a Gestalt moment.

• Lore
    Lore

That's kinda bizzare.

An openly racist JW sharing his political opininions . . . ? Did he say he was going to burn in hell as well?

Maybe he just got back from donating blood and was a bit groggy.

Seriously though, that's a pretty odd thing for a JW to say.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

oh, that's pretty common. where i live there are not many people of african descent, but many turkish or ex-yugoslavs. many people talk bad about them, and that doesn't exclude JWs. as long as no turkish (rare) or yugo JW is nearby.

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

I've also known quite a few JWs with some racists leanings. Most are the "old guy racist" types, which most people seem to excuse for some reason. They won't put a burning cross in your yard, but they'll happily drop the N bomb whenever they think they can get away with it. My father-in-law included.

• sinis
    sinis

I think everyone is racist, if you want to be 100% frank... though its probably best to contain such thoughts...

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

i don't think everyone is a racist... where did you get that idea from?

• sinis
    sinis

Everyone has some negativity and racisim takes all forms.

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

Agreed Sinis but it is the special kinds....Watch Youtubes Chris Rock about Black people vs. N!ggas. It is right on! But the same could go for White people vs. Rednecks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit