There Goes My Wife. . . .

by southern.finesse 33 Replies latest jw friends

• southern.finesse
    southern.finesse

into the hands of the WT Society. Next weekend, she has arranged her baptism at the convention.

Since we got married, she has been full-throttle into the only belief systems she has ever known and has shown all the traits of a devout Witness articulated on this board. I'm sure the dip in the water will only unite the full internal Witness she long desires to be. My only request to her was before she goes through with this decision just to hear my concerns and only become knowledgeable (to examine the claims and history of this "Slave") NEGATIVE. . . I wasn't surprised at her answer to me because she has yet to produce me a king list (knows about the 20yrs missing), still believe Jesus is her mediator and convinced that the false prophecies were made by only part of the Society which were eventually disfellowshipped SMH. I moved out a couple months ago because I just couldn't deal with her on a daily basis. The self-righteousness, the arrogance and disrespect was overwhelming. To have all the loyalty and respect to this Org. when I was being spat on being the provider for her and our household was a downright slap in my face. I really hoped that my marriage would have worked despite our BIG issue. I know after this weekend, it’s over. Guess I'm just venting right now, I don't know anyone that can relate to my situation except for you guys/gals . . . . Thanks to JWN for this outlet for me. I really needed it. . .

Thanks

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Sorry about your wife. I'm sure she will feel persecuted after you tried to get her back into your faith and left her when she got baptized and she will be blessed for her perseverance by Jehovah. Yes, it's wrong for an unbelieving husband to try to convince someone not to be a Jehovah's Witness (that's persecution) but she will be blessed for trying to convince you to become a Jehovah's Witness (that's preaching).

Either way, too bad she's getting baptized before she will learn about the new light that the GB says they were wrong about before (they admit it straight from the stage). So does she think the Governing Body from a few months ago got disfellowshipped?

• southern.finesse
    southern.finesse

@ Anony Mous

Thanks, I don't believe I persecuted her to be honest (in her mind, i probaly was) but I just wanted simply for her to make an informed choice. Guess it didnt work.

Im not sure what you mean by in the 2nd para., what exactly do they admit? Did I miss something?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I'm sorry Southern. As far as persecuting her, even the mildest opposition is defined as persecution, although they do recognize degrees. I remember a brother giving a talk and saying that when a householder promised to pray for us, that also was persecution. So you can see how touchy that button is.

Take good care of yourself. She won't let you take care of her.

NC

• Free!!
    Free!!

Sorry to hear about your wife... i saw so many marriages torn apart because the husbands were "unbelievers" and even the minimum try to make the wives "think" was looked at as persecution.... you can be at last content with the fact that you tried and you gave her the tools to make an inform decision, but at this time she cannot see beyond what they tell her... i hope you get through this quickly and find happiness somewhere else...

• talesin
    talesin

That's very sad, my friend. It's hard to be invisible ... must be worse when it's your life partner. Will be thinking of you, and better times are ahead, I guarantee it!

tal

• southern.finesse
    southern.finesse

Sad thing about this situation is that, . . . she wasn't always this way. She was a fun girl, . . enjoyed life and all that it had to offer and I fell in love with her. Not the girl I know only looks like the girl I married, she literally makes my chest hurt when i'm with here. .

@ New Chap

I understand, its hard to see that being on the outside looking in. I guess the way I went about it was all wrong, . . is there anything I can do now to retract things abit without myself being ran over by here and this Org. I mean, is accepting all the BS the price to pay if I want my marriage to succeed (which I won't)? Clearly there is no median nor common ground that we can both come to and live amongst each other in peace (which is the reason I left a couple months ago). Just trying to find out if theres a fix to this complicated situation of mine.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Sorry to hear it went sour on you, SF.

If they are determined to not think there is bugger all you can do without a degree in an appropriate branch of psychology. There are some books that might help if she was still talking to you They are often suggested here. You might find them in your library. Ask us if you don't know what they are... or use the Search function.

To make your case even more difficult, you weren't just trying to show her errors in WT doctrine, you also had your own beliefs and they just happened to be beliefs that she was well poisoned against. She had been a very naughty JW girl by marrying outside the church and now you both pay the price.

BTW, I did the same, but my wife joined the cult and I drifted out, still unbaptised. We are still together and we still have a great marriage, but that elephant is a bloody nuisance at times.

Did you know that, according to her church rules, she cannot remarry until you do the horizontal tango with someone of the opposite sex (homo and beastiality don't count)?

Chris

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Gutting. Sry to hear your going through this.

• godrulz
    godrulz

You have my sympathy. If possible, never become a JW (do what you know is right) and do what you can to save the marriage (in my mind this will take a miracle from the real Jesus). Groups that break up families and marriages directly or indirectly are cults, not Christian.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit