Whatever happened to Narkissos?

by tenyearsafter 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I just happened upon one of his posts, and I realized I hadn't seen him post in over a year. I really enjoyed his insightful comments and scholarly knowledge. He and Leolaia could always contribute to those difficult biblical questions that really required a knowledge of the languages and history of Biblical times. I am glad we still have Leo, but I miss Narkissos!

• darthfader
    darthfader

I miss him also. It looks like he stopped after he posted 9999 times.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I received an email from Narkissos last year when he decided it was time to move on and not post anymore. Sad, because he was an inspiration. From him I learnt how little I knew about religion as a JW, and how the terms "Watchtower" and "Scholar" should never appear in the same sentence.

I never noticed that he stopped at post 9999.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I miss him as well. You always remember the ones who greet you when you make your first post. I too learned so much from his posts, and realize I pretty much don't know anything about the Bible.

But how wonderful for him and his family he has moved on. Still...he is missed.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Interestingly - I was looking back at some of his posts last week thinking the same thing. I love it when people move on, but I hope he still lurks and will comment when his scholarly insights are needed.

• Open mind
    Open mind

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, ... I fear something terrible has happened."

Actually, I wish Narkissos all the best on his path. But he will be greatly missed.

om

• garyneal
    garyneal

Yeah, I miss him too. He made a very good post on one of my original topics. Very inciteful, and very true.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Narkissos was one of the reason I stayed when I cam here, Leo was the other.

One could learn so much from one of his posts.

I still miss has knowledge,insightfullness and open mind.

But, as with all things, people move on the "greener pastures".

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

JWFacts, if you still have his e-mail, it would be great if you could pass on to him that he is missed and we would love to see him make the occasional comment.

Moving on is an important part of growth, but I would love to hear from him once in a while on here. He really helped me with a couple of questions when I first started posting. I wish him the best in whatever he is doing now.

• aristeas
    aristeas

I joined after he left but his old posts have been very enlightening. Let me too join in the others' wish to send him a hearty thank you, JWF, if you still email him!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit