Do you believe in an annointed class?

by irondork 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TDaze
    TDaze

dm6, believing you are being judged in a body of energy by a deity from the polytheistic Canaanite pantheon rather than being judged in a body of matter is not actually more or less sensible, as it's both utter nonsense.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Hi Mad Sweeney,

But back to John 14. To think the place Christ said he was going to prepare for his disciples is earth, one would also have to believe the earth is where his Father lives. He said he's going to where his father lives to prepare a place for his disciples.

It still doesn't specify where his disciples will be when Jesus comes for them. There are many rooms in the house. His Father's many-roomed house isn't limited to heaven (cp. John 14:23 - same Gk. word as v.2's 'house'). When all things are restored in the 'new heavens and new earth,' God comes to dwell with mankind (Rev. 21).

We're back to the same dearth of scripture referring to an earthly resurrection. It may be some church's official doctrine and it may be believed by some Christians. But it isn't in the Bible. Which was my only real point. Heavenly resurrection is strongly implied, if not outright stated; earthly resurrection is not even implied.

No, resurrection to heaven is neither outrightly stated nor even implied (and as was said, escaping the physical in favor of an eternal, ethereal existence is Gnostic!). But try not to think of it as heaven versus earth - more heaven and earth in cosmic harmony; holistic redemption (Acts 3:19-21; Rom. 8:19-21; 2 Pet. 3:13).

The Christian hope has always been bodily resurrection or 'resurrection of the flesh' - it's not some fringe idea. Any church, Catholic or Protestant, that assents to the Old Roman or Apostles' Creeds believes this. Yes, the emphasis has swung to the 'going to heaven' bit - and that is what N.T. Wright in his booklet (linked to earlier) and his other writings is trying to redress - but resurrection and the believer's final state has always been to do with the body.

Again, I'm just putting forward a perspective you may not have explored before and therefore leave it with you :-) You might also want to take a look at THIS ARTICLE.

• designs
    designs

Lutherans- Going to heaven ain't coming back.

Presbyterians- Going to Heaven coming back to earth with Jesus.

Evangelicals- All over the board.

Greek Orthodox- Mostly Heaven only

Catholics- Officially coming back to earth with Jesus just haven't informed the Rank and File who think Heaven is the end of the train ride.

JWs- split, some go here some go there.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

No, if there is a God he shouldn't play favorites..

Why should some qualify to go to Heaven and not others..clearly they aren't any better than anyone else..
    You can see that by looking at the so called JW "Annointed"..

Snoozy..

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

'Class' is such a WTB$ term....so as far as 144,000 being anointed and exclusively going to heaven. Nah! That's WTB$ false doctrine.

I have come to the conclusion that those who claim to be 'anointed' in the WTB$ are delusional, attention seekers or sweet old ladies who are mistaken.

Some of the so called 'anointed' JWs I knew were either nuts or on a power trip.

• godrulz
    godrulz

I like how the numbers have been increasing instead of decreasing at the Memorial. They claimed that they would count me as a non-JW if I partook, but I highly doubt that (they knew I was an opposer; I did not partake even though I have a heavenly hope; the Memorial is a sham).

• designs
    designs

'the Memorial is a sham'..........as opposed to Church Communion, now there's a laugh- 'hey please pass the Welch's Grape Juice and the Soda Crackers!'

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

"true seekers of the truth"

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Punk of nice I'll grant you that I had to stay in psychiatric care for a few days. My psychiatrist said he doesn't think there is anything wrong with me mentally. He agrees with me when I say I think my problem with depression was a combination of childhood trauma and being a in a religion that was forcing me to conform. My trying to be like everyone else drove me crazy.

I have the heavenly hope that I know for sure without a doubt. I exercise faith and was baptized in the name of the Father, Son & the Spirit. My having the heavenly hope or being anointed and understanding the NT is what caused me to question WBTS and the manner in which they are governing JW's.

• designs
    designs

discreetslave-

Do you sit next to godrulz in Church.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit