Well the dirty piece of trash got off.

by sooner7nc 102 Replies latest jw friends

• donny
    donny

What is bizarre is that in some of her jailhouse letters she states that she would like to adopt a baby because there are many kids in the world that need love. She would also like to adopt an Irish baby accent and all! LOL

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL!!!! She thinks accents are genetic?

NC

• Glander
    Glander

"I think the justice system works. Sometimes it works imperfectly. Sometimes better. I feel sorry for the loss of life, but remain baffled as to why the media looks for a single case to make news for weeks."

Because the media is a commercial enterprise and sells advertising based on the audience size it pulls. In the old days when everyone got their 'news' through the press the saying was "if it bleeds, it leads". The Anthony story had all the elements that grab peoples attention. They will pick up a new one any day now and hypo it into our living rooms.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I don't know what his point was. He is just always snarling and we are the boogie man. It's reached such unbelievable proportions. We have income caps and liberals releasing murderers. What next? Can't we even agree that both liberals and conservatives care about child murder? Really--has he demonized us that much? It's just not balanced.

New Chapter, who are you speaking of when you say "I don't know what HIS point is."?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Sooner, I was responding to a post by Beks. We had a couple back and forth regarding Rush Limbaugh. Rush was saying liberals didn't care that a child was murdered, and I made that comment.

NC

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

That sounds like something that asshole would say.

Rush sucks.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Yeah, unfortunately none of us are shocked that he said such a thing. It's made him a lot of money and given him a lot of fame. Ah well.

NC

• AGuest
    AGuest
    My posts were clear and concise, and did not deserve your attack.

I don't believe I attacked anyone, Dagney (peace to you!). As we all know, words read on the Internet can be misleading sometimes as they don't fully relate a person's intent, emphasis, stressors, tone, etc. I realize, from your comments, that I offended you... and I apologized for that as well as explained my error. And did so with sincerity. I certainly didn't intend an attack but only to ask a valid question because there often are those, even many, who sometimes have to turn around and say "Oops! And here I thought he/she WAS guilty!", yes? Because they were SURE someone "did it"... even though that someone didn't. TRUE... I should have also addressed your comments... BUT... again... I simply included you in the QUESTION that I asked because you stated that you agreed with Grace. You didn't specify what it was that you agreed with specifically, so I concluded that it was either (1) her issues with me/my comments, or (2) that "no one" cared about the baby.

At my age, however, and since dealing with various illnesses as I've grown older, I've come to conclude that once I apologize... and acknowledge my error... I really am kind of done. Nothing else I can do, IMHO (I'm really not the tush-kissing type, as you've probably already concluded). If the person wants to continue being offended my position is that it really is on them at that point: they are CHOOSING to do so, which is totally out of MY hands. Thankfully, my Lord agrees and has taught me to simply go MY way... in peace... with the peace that offered to such one(s) coming back upon me.

For now, my wish for peace toward YOU... remains.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Mary
    Mary

My gut instinct says she killed her kid. Be that as it may, the jury found her "not guilty" because in the words of one of them that was interviewed tonight, the prosecution simply did not have enough evidence 'beyond a reasonable doubt'. The juror indicated that they thought she probably was guilty, but they're not allowed to convict on circumstancial evidence.

I would suggest that she not go out shopping at the plaza or show her face in public any time soon.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

I would just like to take this opportunity to gather both New Chapter and Sooner in to my arms and give them a crushingly yummy hug.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit