I prayed for a Kitty today

by pedal power 23 Replies latest jw friends

• pedal power
    pedal power

Me and my wife,a non JW,took her 3 year old country cat to see the vet in Edinburgh, I left her at the vets with the cat and went to work, I gave her 20 pounds and told her to get a cab into town to meet me at work. The vet removes the chicken bone from the cats throat,{the little bastard stole it ,when we were not looking} Anyway she gets a bus with cat into town,cost only 1 pound, she does not get cab she keeps 19pounds. Typical, Only the cat manages to wriggle out the basket,on princess street, terrified runs helter skelter accross 2, 4 lane highways, avoiding buses taxis,ect, my wife terrified screaming down the phone at me,to come and protect and save her beloved cat.F__K ,My whole world was collapsing before me, I prayed that Kitty would live, My wife is sensitive, and she would have been inconsolable had the kitty died on her watch, so I ran out of work, drove through red lights, and prayed,that The little cat survived. It did, using all 9 lives, wife happy.

Anyway, She cares more about that cat than me, if I spouted about HEADSHIP she would tell me where to stick it, and I wouldnt have it any other way.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

How old is your wife, 13?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Sounds like the problem with all 3 people in this relationship is the pussy.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    Sounds like the problem with all 3 people in this relationship is the pussy.

The power of the pussy.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I'll decline to comment further, but I think my point was made :)

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    I'll decline to comment further, but I think my point was made :)

I got it.

• noni1974
    noni1974

Poor kitty! I bet she was scared! I would have cried if my cat did that too. I have 4 of them and they are my babies. I was moving back to Ohio last year from Kentucky and I pulled my cats cage out of the car to adjust it and it came apart at the seams. Two of my cats were inside it at the time and I had to fight two scared and freaked out cats back into the cage while I tried to get it back together. What an ordeal. My heart was pummping and I was scared because I was next to a highway and my cats had never been outside before. Lucky for me I was able to get them back in the crate and the crate back together before anyone escaped.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

You're a good guy. Sometimes we're called on to do things like that, and we do them.

It was the right thing to do for your wife, and it was the right thing to do for the kitty.

Two lives are a bit happier today than they might otherwise have been. Maybe yours, too.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I agree with NN. You saved the day, man. Pets rely on their owners for food, shelter, love and protection. You did the right thing.

My wife & I don't have any kids. We have a cat & two dogs. They are each every bit a part of the family and we love them all dearly. My wife would panic as well if in the same situation.

• avengers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit