More on Saturday's drama: Endo-symbiotic theory mentioned not once but twice

by sir82 49 Replies latest jw friends

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

Great post NewChapter. That's a very true insight into the psychology of the witness brain. I remember being bullet proof when I was thirteen or so. I had just been reading the "life how did it get here" book, and a couple of times back then I got into arguments about evolution online, and got my ass handed to me. I still thought I won, and they just didn't get it. Eventually I did decide that, thanks to satan's cleverness, it was a logically sound theory, but ultimately still incorrect. It's funny what a tiny drop of knowledge can do when you're told that it's really an ocean.

• onefootout
  • sabastious
    sabastious
    I still thought I won

Lol I have done the same thing.

-Sab

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

you still do.

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

Oh, snap.

• onefootout
    onefootout

The underlying message is education is bad for your children. Don't let them get more than the 3r's, as long as they can read well enough to read the WT literature that's all they need. An equally illiterate elder can "teach" them to read better in the TMS. We all know what a joke the TMS is. What is the qualification for conducting the TMS? Being so stupid that you can find a way to avoid the assignment noone else wants. That is who is educating the childeren. The manipulation is obvious. Anyone now trying to learn about biology outside the selective science of the WTS is going to be compared to the Bad Kid.

onefootout

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Another mind control goal is scored by using the word "theory" because the rank and file JWs don't know what it means in scientific context. They think it means a guess that some people believe but hasn't been looked into yet.

Is anyone here a wikipedia editor?

The entry on endosymbiotic theory uses the word "theory" in both the correct scientific way and the unscientific vernacular way where they should have used the term hypothesis or idea or concept.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Oh, snap.

Yes, but don't we all have a tendency to think we've won when what's really happened is we haven't understood?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The disturbing underlying message is that most JW kids are BAD. Little more than idiots that allow themselves to become tools of the devil, the young are to be considered weak and monitored with suspicion. There's a strong undercurrent of hostility toward parents that have "weak" children. Can you feel the hate?

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

BTW research is something the average JW is totally not going to spend any time on. They're already much too tired to even consider spending more time on 'researching' something else than the required magic marking of the watchtower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit