Why I didn’t left JW an don’t plan to do so

by Lazarus 81 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lazarus
    Lazarus

In another thread I wrote: “I didn't left the JW's and don't plan to do so. Can't see what good it would do for me. It hasn't done much good for many on this board either. This doesn't mean I criticize anybody for his decision, it's only a conclusion.”

Mad Sweeney asked me how I come to this opinion and encouraged me to open a new thread about it. So, here we are.

When I would decide to disassociate from JWs, the consequences would be quite clear. I would lose my relationship with family and friends. Maybe even contact. The price to pay would be not only high for me, my beloved family and friends would suffer due to my decision too. Some of them more then they could bear.

Further consequences could be necessity to relocate, depression, counseling and more.

When I look at what I would gain leaving JWs, it appears to me not a quarter as good than the losses I would suffer. Therefore I will do what is best for me, namely stay a JW.

When reading some posts on this board, I’m getting the strong impression some people which left the JWs would be better off if they didn’t (at least not now). And some others give everyone new here the advice “get out out out, now now now” regardless of the personal situation of the individual. The hate for the WTS seems to be bigger than the concern for the troubled person.

My advice would be:

Consider careful which decision will be the best for you. Make a list with all pro and cons. Weight every entry. Put them in the pair of balances. Examine which side outweighs the other. Do what is best for you.

P.S.: Hate to write in English language.

• designs
    designs

I figure that you stay because they help you with your grammar....

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

It's a big and personal choice I agree. I understand why some stay, but I lost all my JW friends when I divorced my EX-jw husband already so had little reason not to DA. Either way at least you are mentaly out, right?FS

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

The Watchtower has you in shackles. The shackles are the precious relationships that would be mercilessly taken away from you if you dare even to think about your freedom. You are enslaved. It comes down to how much you yearn to be free and what you are willing to pay for your emancipation. It is a very difficult choice.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

The WTBS is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth that you are a slave, Lazarus. Like everyone else you were born into bondage. Into a prison that you cannot taste or see or touch. A prison for your mind.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

There's also the matter of truth if it's important to you. For me truth is worth whatever you have to pay for it. I cannot go to someones door and lie to them its like selling a dangerous product and you know it.

The organization is so evil that they will hold your family hostage to keep you there. I can't support that even if it makes my life difficult.

• carla
    carla

I would think that if you a believer in God, being part of the sham of a religion the jw's are it would bother your conscience so much that you could no long bear to be around the blasphemous org. I also would take a long look at the threads on here and see the psychological, emotional, physical/sexual and spiritual damage the wt has done to so many and then I wonder, knowing all this how could you continue to be part of it?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Your decision is based on a risk analysis, I can fully understand it.

If you know it is a pack of lies, why not use the opportunity to spread the seeds of doubt to other's in the congregation.

Also, take lots of literature and never pay for it. Do not contribute to the worldwide work and do not donate to conventions.

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

I couldn't stay if I wanted to. You may be able to live a lie, but I couldn't sit in a meeting talking about how gays need to be killed in order for us to be happy, or how wise and just it was for an omnipotent god to use human armies to commit mass genocide, or how only witnesses are capable of truly knowing love, or any of the other insane drivel they spouted. If you are capable of turning your brain off during meetings, assemblies and witness conversations, in order to keep your family, then that is your perogative. I can't spend most of my life with my brain shut off so that I can tolerate their overt hostility towards the world, and abject willed ignorance.

I didn't leave the organization because I hated the WT, I left because I loved Truth. And I would definitely not be better off if I was in the inside. I've never been happier now that I'm free, I'm about to start college for Electrical Engineering (or maybe biochemistry, I haven't decided yet), I am not constantly living with guilt, fear, or the frustration that comes from being in their ranks. It's not the same for everyone, but for most truth sets them free.

• jay88
    jay88

Taken from Blondies Post of April 15, 2011 WT(Study Edition)pg.16

12. (a) Why should we do research? (b) Explain

how a person could do such research.

12 Do research. “The plans of the diligent

one surely make for advantage,” wrote Solomon,

“but everyone that is hasty surely

heads for want.” (Prov. 21:5) For example,

are you considering a business proposal? Do

not let emotion rule. Gather all the relevant

facts, seek the counsel of those familiar

with such things, and determine what Bible

principles have a bearing on the matter.

(Prov. 20:18) To organize your research, prepare

two lists—one detailing the benefits,

the other the liabilities. Before you make

a decision, “calculate the expense.” (Luke 14:28)

Consider the potential impact that your

decision will have not only on your financial

health but also on your spiritual well-being.

It takes time and effort to do research. But by

doing so, you may avoid making hasty decisions

that lead to unnecessary anxiety.

COMMENTS

Research outside WTS publications? Advice from non-jws?

Business proposal—not with a jw because there is no ability to sue per the WTS.

So what does the WTS mean—no working on meeting nights…brothers who have…?

Hasty decisions—baptisms at 6 years old?

..................................................................................................................

Is it you talking or the WT(Study Edition)?

jay,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit