I hate JW jargon!!! (Alternatives please!)

by VampireDCLXV 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Interesting posts so far...

The point I was trying to make with this thread was that we really can't be free of the bOrg until we stop using their vocabulary. Theirs is the language of slavery and I refuse to speak it anymore!

Now I'll respond to some of the more sincere posts here:

@blondie:
    I forgot about the term excommunication in my OP. It really is the proper technical term. It's quite vile nonetheless...

@Mad Sweeney:
    Yes, I acknowledge that many people here DO use the term APOSTATE as a badge of honour but it's not my cup of tea. It's THEIR word to define and stigmatize us. I refuse to bow to them...

@AwareBeing:
    I feel bad for you that the memories are still so fresh. And yes, the change of language is important to freeing ourselves mentally. For better or worse, I have a memory like an elephant and there are just some things I'll never forget, even if I wanted to...

@GL Tirebiter:
    Yes, that vile practice of DF IS used as emotional blackmail. I will not bow to it...

@Ding:
    I couldn't agree with you more. That quote you posted is quite profound. Cults will try to twist language in accordance to their will...

@TotallyADD:
    It's wonderful that you were standing up to the vile discrimination and hatred of mankind that the GB fosters even back then. I'm glad that you're free now...

@luna2:
    It bears worth repeating: JWs and other cults use different vocabulary to set themselves apart and cut the "flock" off from the rest of the world. BLECH!

@breakfast of champions:
    I agree that a marriage should be a partnership. Cults twist almost anything good in life to their self aggrandizing ideals. Headship Principle/Submission = Misogyny

@Scully:

Experience: Way different usage than is common in non JW circles. Better to use the word Reenactment...

I'm thinking the better word to use is Fabrication.

LOL! I guess that you got me there. The veracity of any of those "experiences" given on stage is questionable at best...

@petitebrunette:
    I wish that I had never believed they were friends at all. They really aren't...

@agent zero:
    Even the thought of calling it "The Truth" makes me gag. So much about the JW religion is arbitrary, isn't it?

V665V665

• chickpea
    chickpea

i dont actually object to calling myself apostate
    since i am actually, according to the legit definition,
    a serial apostate cos the b0rg wasnt the first
    beggar to carry me across the stream... the
    catholics had me from birth to early 20s....
    bad ass apostate in fact and deed!

how about the inclination of one's heart for
    cult-speak, and inculcation, and propitiatory,
    sacrifice, the frikkin "class" nonsense ... as
    well as the "greater" idiocy they tack on to
    some of the " class" crap as they continue
    to weave their lunatic tapestry of lies and
    half-truths.... wankers

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

Thanx v665!

Heres some of the ways my family deals with JW lingual, and the bad memories associated with it.

1) Select a different definition from the dictionary. (there's usually 3 - 5 to per word)

2) Try thinking of good times that include the word, so it can compete with the bad memory.

3) Read theological books that uses academic words to replace WT's fable language.

4) Vent! Like right now as we type, that's a form of therapy.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "...Now I'll respond to some of the more sincere posts here..."

Hey! Vamp!

My inner smart-aleck WAS being 'sincere'; she just wasn't being very SERIOUS...!

Besides, I feel that irreverence and humor are ALSO valid ways to deal with JW cult-think, too...

Zid

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

@Zid:

Yes, I agree, irreverence has it's place. Sometimes it can be a bit much, though. I'm just trying to distinguish this thread somewhat from similar ones that have been posted before.

I do see sincerity in a lot of what you write here and I respect and admire you very much. There are also others who have posted her that I respect and admire too. I suppose that I do have this, darker, grumpier side that will always be a part of me. (Hence my 'Vampire' moniker...)

Peace and blessings to you my dear...

V665V665

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I think we should "convert" their sayings into various sexual positions so here goes...

Return Visit: Reverse Cowgirl

Field Service: Bareback

Service Meeting: The Highway Delight or as Ron White calls it "A mouth hug"

The Truth: Brutal Gang Rape

Theocratic Ministry School: The Angry Pirate

Apostate/s: Dirty Sanchez

How are these so far?

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

And I assure you that I'm completely sincere.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oh, crap....

After my post, along comes Sooner7nc... [face/palm slap....]

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Zid, you Dirty Sanchez!

• ziddina
    ziddina

[big, heavy sigh...]

I'd love to play with you, Sooner, but I don't feel right dragging Vampire's thread further off-topic...

Dare you to start a thread of yer own!! Naner naner boo boo!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit