How many illogical JW beliefs did you choke down for years?

by james_woods 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Wow, this is a great thread!

One illustration that bothered me even as a kid was the one about transfusing blood into your veins as being the same as transfusing alcohol. Even as a child/young adult I knew this was a false analogy, totally bogus...

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

The ones that most made go "hmmm" involved demon posession. Ironically, most elders spend their time dissuading publishers that they have a demon because their are scared.

The other that I really never believed was that 7 billion people were going to be destroyed at Armageddon.

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

JWFacts...thats a good one: You will never die. How many have died thinking that?

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    I should have stood up and said - this doesn't make sense, and I don't believe it.

Yeah, I said that to my mom when I was a little kid, when she tried to tell me that God had just always existed, and that no one had created him. For that I got hit in the mouth.

• Essan
    Essan

That God was a separate thing from us and everything else, and that he lived in heaven.

For me, even as a kid the one that bothered me was: If God created everything and was before everything, then where was he before he created heaven and what did he use to create everything when He was all there was. There were no building materials but himself and nowhere to employ them but himself.

It seemed obvious to me as a child that if God was before everything, then he was everywhere and everything. There could be nothing but God, ever. Because God never had anything beside himself to make anything with and nowhere to do it except within himself.

Pushed that to the back of my mind, like every other question and doubt.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Well, it's an honor to the human intellect and independent spirit that these things do eventually come out.

• Farkel
    Farkel

james woods,

You said:

:Well, at least I did on the idiotic "human heart is a brain" doctrine - but only after using my skills to build the fiberglass human heart and brain for the district assembly.

:The elder I complained to about it said that it was obviously true because your heart beats faster during sex.

Heh, heh. I was at that assembly. Well, I was at the assembly at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles that had that idiotic red heart with the deep-voiced "heart" talking. It was in the early 1970's as I recall. I was pioneering at the time and believed that nonsense. Freddie Franz that ultimate crackpot was behind that one.

I'm wracking my brain to find any logical belief taught by the leaders of the JWs and cannot come up with a single thing. All I can drum up are illogical ones. You know, bullshit beliefs, crackpot beliefs, idiotic beliefs, psycho beliefs. Beliefs printed in over 100 languages that are pure crap and are always WRONG. And then they are changed to NEW beliefs which are always WRONG.

Can anyone help me out here? I mean LOGICAL beliefs: you know, the kind that stand up to the rules of logic?

Farkel

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Hey Farkel!! Did you get my hug? I sent it Shelby express!

• redredrose
    redredrose

The first crazy thing I had trouble was that dinosaur that was included in the map of Israel from the inside cover of the old green bible. My little child's brain looked at that and thought the equivalent of WTF!

That was just the beginning of the crap I had to swallow for most of my life. I could never picture myself in the "new system" and never felt any real hope of seeing my grandmother in 'paradise'. All my life I wondered what was wrong with me, when all the time it was those crazy old white men in Brooklyn! Being conditioned from birth to accept insane ideas with no question tends to screw up your life, don't you think?

• therevealer
    therevealer

Hey Farkel. I think you are a guy and I know I am. They teach that women should be in subjection to us. Now what the hell is not logical about that belief?? LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit