Is this weird? JW FB comments

by serenitynow! 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

They are too mind controlled to know they are mind controlled.

Reopened Mind

• luna2
    luna2

I guess traveling around to meet up with FB friends in the new system is the current dream of JWs. Back in my day, I can remember being rather horrified by the sisters out in service talking about which house they'd like to take over when the current worldly homeowners are killed at Armageddon. Of course, that was before Facebook, even before most people had access to the internet.

What's funny about this is that I thought there was still a certain amount of cautioning against internet usage for recreational purposes by the WTS. I guess they can't fight effectively against everything the world has to offer.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Just makes you want to shake your head.

• Muhammad Ibn Yusuf
    Muhammad Ibn Yusuf

I have read quite a few posts here. So, I realize that most--seem anyway--to be agnostics and atheists. With a significant sprinkling of conservative Bible believers, and Far Eastern folks. A good mix.

You make a fascinating point by asking how many airplane mechanics or auto mechanics or any sort of skilled labor or professionals will be found in the earthly "paradise." Unless Jehovah Jireh ben Nissi comes forth from the Throne and gives everyone magical knowledge and supernatural abilities, "paradise" is going to consist of hunkering in cold wet ruins in the dark, eating rats and pigeons and wearing rags. I thought through some of these matters when I was a JW, and realized it would take Divine intervention of a major sort to rescue the mediocre world of witnesses from their fearsome mediocrity.

However, I came away with some appreciable truths of Faith from the Tower of Bible: The Oneness of God, the First Piller of Islam. No trinity, no deity of Jesus (pbuh). We sleep at death, awaiting resurrection. I have been Muslim for a relatively short time, and I assure you that all 1.6 billion of us are terrorists with a Master Plan to take over America and enforce Sharia Law.

Not.

I am saddened when I realize that the Tower of Lies has fallen upon and crushed even the capacity to have faith, of so many of those who make their escape or are given their walking orders. Faith is a fragile thing, difficult to maintain. I hope those of you who have had their faith destroyed are able to find a fresh supply.

Salaam,

MIY

LOVE the photo by the way!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit