You also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him

by jean-luc picard 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

You also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him. ( Luke 12:40. New International Version)

So logically, if JWs expect him soooooon, thats proof that he's not coming soon.

• snowbird
    snowbird

The proverbial cart before the horse - WT's specialty of the house.

Syl

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

I was never going to graduate High School either..... Class of '93 by the way.

• ambersun
    ambersun

So logically, if JWs expect him soooooon, thats proof that he's not coming soon.

That is exactly what I thought during all the mayem and hysteria in the late 1960s/early 70s when the r&f were selling their homes and giving up good jobs to pioneer. Oh how I wish I had listened to the voice of reason in my head and carried on with my education and got a good career instead of allowing myself to be talked into spending my 'remaining time in this system' pioneering. Sigh

• wobble
    wobble

The really deluded JW would reply to you,JLP, : "We may not know the day or the hour, but we know the general period, and it is sooooo close !"

This is how they change their method of interpretation whenever it suits them, sometimes taking a scripture super-literally and at face value, other times insisting that it must mean something different from what it actually says. "evidently".

I also cringe at the way they ignore context, and even adjacent verses, i.e they will go on about the earthquakes in Matt.24, but ignore the next verse that says "then men will deliver you up and kill you" .

Crazy Cult.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Believing you wont leave school and need to go to work has got to be the shitiest way to prepare a young person for the real world of work and responsibilities.... It sure did the mindfuck on me and i left school in 1985. I'm STILL picking up the pieces of my life now.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Jesus will never come.

• AnthonyMorrisXIII
    AnthonyMorrisXIII

Jesus (reportedly) said:

1) ‘the kingdom of the heavens has drawn near’, acceptable statement.

2) ‘the appointed time has approached’, unacceptable statement, and whomsoever says this is a false prophet and pseudochrist (theologically speaking)

How the WTS loves to stray into the second statement.

AM

ps. when will the Watchtower reveal for us all the real meaning of the term ‘soon’, please, we beg you…

• jay88
    jay88

End-of-the-world religions, induce the labor pains of the big "A".

How many times can you cry wolve before a person just doesn't care anymore? to the point where it is forgotten,....

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS used a similar scripture in the 5-22-2011 WT Article "Prove Yourself Ready."

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/210794/1/Blondies-Comments-You-Will-Not-Hear-at-the-05-22-2011-WT-Study-READY-2ND-POSTING

Paragraph 2

2 It is of interest to note that the Bible

foretells an attack of a “wild beast,” and we

need to be ready. (Read Revelation 17:15-18.)

Whom does this beast attack? In a stunning

plot twist, the Devil’s world becomes

divided against itself. The scarlet-colored

wild beast represents the United Nations,

and “the ten horns” represent all the political

powers. These will turn on the harlotlike

Babylon the Great, the world empire of false

religion, and violently destroy her. When

will this event occur? We do not know the

day and the hour. (Matt. 24:36) We do know

that it will be at an hour when we do not expect

it and that the time left before this attack

is reduced. (Matt. 24:44; 1 Cor. 7:29) It

is vital, then, that we keep ourselves spiritually

ready so that when that attack occurs

and Christ comes as Executioner, he will

also prove to be our Deliverer! (Luke 21:28)

To achieve this state of readiness, we can

learn from faithful servants of God who

proved themselves ready and thus became

eyewitnesses of the fulfillment of God’s

promises. Will we take these real-life experiences

to heart?

COMMENTS

Scarlet-colored wild beast = United Nations (WTS changing tune)

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/united-nations-association.php

Ten horns = all the political powers

Past definitions: all political powers

Only some powers in UN

All powers in or outside UN

Babylon the Great = world empire of false religion

Past definitions: Papacy

“we do not know the day or the hours” but the WTS has predicated the date: 1914, 1915, 1920, 1925, 1940’s, 1975, 1984, 1994

"Receiving the gift, the marching children clasped it to them, not a toy or plaything for idle pleasure, but the Lord's provided instrument for most effective work in the remaining months before Armageddon ." Watchtower1941 September 15 p.288 CLICK HERE for scan

1914-1924

http://home.tiscali.nl/t661020/wtcitaten/part2.htm

1925-1974

http://home.tiscali.nl/t661020/wtcitaten/part3.htm

1975-and beyond

http://home.tiscali.nl/t661020/wtcitaten/part4.htm

"The fact that fifty-four years of the period called the "last days" have already gone by is highly significant. It means that only a few years, at most, remain before the corrupt system of things dominating the earth is destroyed by God." Awake! 1968 Oct 8 p.13 CLICK HERE for scan

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/truth.php

Did the WTS show that they believed it was at a time that was not expected when the WTS said it would be in these years?

Jesus is going to execute all 7 billion plus non-jws, men, women and children, to descend into eternal destruction?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit