New Here!!

by Free!! 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Free!!
    Free!!

Hello everyone!! I've been watching from the sidelines for a while... reading about your experiences and it has helped me a lot!!!

I am a 27 yo girl, i converted into a JW @ 20, at was going thru a difficult time in my life and they bastards sucked me in!!! i did not realize how controlling things were going to get... about 1 year into my study i moved w another single sister and then baptize, looking back i think i went thru w baptism because i fell pressure by the "loving" congregation that wanted the best for me... i remember coming out of the pool and one of the brothers saying "another victim" and taking a pic of me... anyways, that wasn't the worst of it.... remember single female!! EVERYONE was looking for a husband for me! i am an independent thinker and always has been (except for when i fell for their lies) i wanted to finish college and get a great job, i was raised w a nice life and the whole don't work just preached crap wasnt flying w me... well i felt like a failure because i had doubts all along, but everytime i would go to the elder i was told to pray and go to service... i was BORED to death and felt into depression... became a pioneer to have them off my back.... then it was "Oh you are such a great example to the cong" "Oh what a spiritual sister"... well a started fading... i had created the perfect way out, i started "helping" where was needed and had to go on sat and sun to serve at a cong far from my original one, then i went on vacation to another country for 3 weeks and never went back to the meetings... i've never been happier!!!

I still see some people sometimes at the store or around the area, i am not DA or DF just inactive (or so they think) but they look at me and give me the judgemental look... so much for "brotherly love"

Now w a Free!! mind i am ready to finally lear the truth about the "truth"

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Welcome to the board!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Welcome, Free!

You did good.

Syl

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Welcome! You did great! Enjoy your freedom and I hope they leave you alone!

• unshackled
    unshackled

Welcome aboard, Free! Congrats on your great escape.

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

Amazing post !

Welcome to JWN from Hairyhegoat in the UK

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

Welcome Free!!

• sinis
    sinis

...are you hot? - just kidding :) Your young enough, pursue your dreams and goals, nothing to hold you back now. Go back to school, visit that country or land mark you always wanted to do, and don't look back.

• moshe
    moshe

Glad you are out of the KH, Free!!- please join in and give us your ideas anytime you want!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit