What if you admitted you don't mind being destroyed @ Armaggedon?

by Knowsnothing 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Isn't that pretty much the end of a conversation with a JW?

Honestly, now that I think about it, what is the difference between Judgment Day(Armaggedon) and death?

Just curious to see how my friends and relatives would react if I responded that way...

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

They would probably look at you like you were crazy, then maybe try to question. "really, you wouldnt want to live forever?"

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Take it a step farther and say really forcefully and loudly: "I don't want to wait until Armageddon. God, if you want to kill me, come get some RIGHT NOW.

<crickets>chirp, chirp, chirp</crickets>

Yeah, thought so tough guy."

• freedomisntfree
    freedomisntfree

I have said that to many witness family and friends and sometimes it stops the conversation but the smart ones pull the emotional blackmail card and say " what about us? we care if u die at armageddon" etc etc you cant win don't try

• finallyfree!
    finallyfree!

i honestly admit that i dont mind meeting my maker if that whole sham of a religious concept even exists. if im a badboy then zap me or read my heart and judge.

i actually thought about saying that to my jw family. good subconcious awakener for next time they get preachy with me.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

If god wants to destroy me, all that means is that he is more powerful. It also means I am more loving then she is. Whatever...

This whole concept pre-supposes that god WILL destroy YOU.

What if, just what if... (hold on here...)

....what if god isn't going to destroy you or anyone?

That's a cool thought isn't it? I bet it's even true. :)

• cult classic
    cult classic

That takes all the wind out of their sail, for sure.

In fact, one of the first things I came to grips with was my fear of being destroyed. It made my exit almost effortless.

• Robdar
    Robdar

FF:

if im a badboy then zap me or read my heart and judge.

i actually thought about saying that to my jw family. good subconcious awakener for next time they get preachy with me.

I totally agree. It is also a good response to the evangelicals who want to save us all.

I say do tell them. I've done it and the look on their faces is priceless.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

I always thought in the back of my head that if God really wanted to destroy me over the petty and insignificant things I've done in my life, then he really isn't worth worrying about, is he?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

If God is anything like the JW's Jehovah construct, then he's definitely not worthy of worship. They present one of the worst mythologies around.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit