So What's the Point?

by AllTimeJeff 31 Replies latest jw friends

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

First of all, hi there. I am back after several months to tell you all that I am CURED! That's right, I am no longer an ex JW. I can go around and pretend that I was never knocking on doors. Just like season 8 of Dallas, it never happened.

No wait, I am supposed to be pissed off forever. Forgot, sorry.

Actually, I don't mean to be preachy. I took some time off from this site just to see if I would notice JW's in normal life. I didn't. They don't come to my door. They have KH's all over the place, but no one cares about them.

I know why I care, why we care. We were in it.

I always felt (speaking for me) that my mistake was thinking I needed to "save" JW's. YOU don't need saving.

It is amusing to see the variety of different points of view on this site. So many people thinking they are right. And they are right. For them.

What's right for you?

That's the only question you need to work out. It doesn't matter to me whether you or I disagree. Yeah, I think a lot of people don't have it right. As I recall in my past, I left the company of people I disagree with.

The point to me after being out for several years now is to simply be done with the angst if possible. Being angry and negative I KNOW is wrong.

Beyond that, you're on your own. No really, you always were. Listen to yourself, learn to trust yourself. You are fundamentally ok. You always were. :)

• prophecor
  • Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I feel like it is important to let yourself go through whatever stages of adjustment are necessary to come to inner peace with one's life, past, present, and future. "What's right for you?" really is the appropriate question, Jeff, and I think the answer to that changes and evolves as well.

Welcome back!

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

JEFF!!!!

How are you, my friend??

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Howdy.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Hey there Palmtree. Doing well. Getting better all the time. :)

Sweeny, I think that former JW's are so programmed with "the truth" thing in there heads, that it takes time to realize and understand that there are many truths, not just one.

The only truth that needs to be (belief system wise) is yours.

That's why it is good not to let JW's like Maze sh*t stir and get you upset. The truth is, I don't care about JW's anymore. They are a fringe group that I happened to be born into. Now that I am living a "normal" life, they are still a fringe group that I no longer belong to.

I've learned it's good not to chase down crazy groups and try to show them how wrong they are. They don't need a lecture, they need meds.

That pesky person in the mirror is worthy of a lot more of your attention then JW's.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Hi Jeff!
    Welcome back :)

What you said here:

They have KH's all over the place, but no one cares about them. Is so true. They really are a non-entity unless you are or were a part of their world...if they only knew...
    For me, coming here finds me enjoying a common bond with people that I don't have with really anyone else except my sister, which is a comfort. I share your thoughts about not letting those pesky JW's dominate my life anymore. So freeing. So very very freeing :)

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I'm here because I need people who understand me. Nice to see you poopsie!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I've learned it's good not to chase down crazy groups and try to show them how wrong they are. They don't need a lecture, they need meds. That pesky person in the mirror is worthy of a lot more of your attention then JW's.

I think sometimes - I admit it in my own case - active criticism of the Borg is as much a part of one's own healing process as it is to accomplish any real change among current JWs. If some are helped out or learn something from something I say or post somewhere, that's great, but even if not, it helps me just to say it. At some point I won't need it anymore, I suppose. Right now it is quite cathartic.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Hi AllTime,

I'm really glad you've reached a good place. We are all in different spots and it shows. I love your avatar by the way!

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit