How to destroy the validity of your own mind.

by Terry 56 Replies latest jw friends

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

Short answer: I don't know, thus jesus.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Why do we need the holocaust to question the existence of god? Were there not other holocausts before and after the jewish one, even much worse ones? Is there not plenty of suffering, still, today, at this very moment? Why discount all the other suffering? Suffering is built into the fabric of existence on planet earth. Predators habitually start eating their prey while it is still living. The predator prey system has been here, practically from the begining of life. That should tell us something about biblically based god claims.

S

• The Finger
    The Finger

Satanus if God exists and the bible is to be believed aren't you judging God's righteousness through the eyes of the unrighteous and through a limited knowledge and understanding.

I think our thoughts are limited by the fact we cannot step out of our thoughts and examine them.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Finger

You should read terry's first post, again.

S

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Define the validity of the known statement that " God so loved the world and all mankind "

Open minded research would show something quite contrary .

• The Finger
    The Finger

thetrueone

Unless you have all knowledge I dont know how you can say that God didn't love the world. Do you know what he has saved you from? Can you judge God whilst not knowing all.

I dont think my knowledge of love is sufficient to judge whether God is showing love in what he allows

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Satanus if God exists and the bible is to be believed aren't you judging God's righteousness through the eyes of the unrighteous and through a limited knowledge and understanding.'

So, we are all too stupid to make judgements about what is going on on the earth?

'I think our thoughts are limited by the fact we cannot step out of our thoughts and examine them.'

Some people actually do this, as a practice. You, however, may have succeeded in selective thought stopping.

S

• The Finger
    The Finger

Satunus, are you saying you can think about your own thoughts with out using your thought process

The same thought process that maybe flawed

therefore to me it seems more rational to believe in God

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Satunus, are you saying you can think about your own thoughts with out using your thought process'

Observe, is more acurate. Thinking about thoughts is more of the same, so to speak.

'The same thought process that maybe flawed'

Yes, of course, as may be yours.

'therefore to me it seems more rational to believe in God'

Rational? You cast doubt on thought, yet extol belief? Belief is another step UP the mental thought process ladder. And, it's a greater hieght from which to fall. More fear, cognitive dissonence is attached to it.

S

Terry, what happened to 'common sense'? Many people are intellectual but do not have common sense. Where does common sense fit in? Why the neglect of common sense?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit